What's cooking, Wednesday July 22, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
it is almost 3AM here and i am not sleeping!! this rainy overcast weather makes my body hurt!! anyway

img_838055_0_7437d7ab66d5392cd038df0a23cba65c.jpg

all i am sure of is fresh string beans either steamed or as cold salad (i am leaning towards the salad with fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper and lemon juice) and maybe chicken ala king with rice (my dd requested it).

i am thinking about making baking powder biscuits, dipping eggs (over easy), homefries and coffee in a few hours for breakfast.

is anyone around? you can't trust the online list because some people never log off, close the browser or shut down the pc, they just turn monitor off and walk away. so they always show online and logged in.

i am thinking about making baking powder biscuits, dipping eggs (over easy), homefries and coffee in a few hours for breakfast.

is anyone around? you can't trust the online list because some people never log off, close the browser or shut down the pc, they just turn monitor off and walk away. so they always show online and logged in.

Yeah, I am still up, and yes I am always on, weather I am on or not.
I am making tonight: Panko Crusted Pork Loin Chops, Scalloped Potatoes, Fried Granny Smith Apples, a yet to be determined veggie and a Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.

Yeah, I am still up, and yes I am always on, weather I am on or not.
I am making tonight: Panko Crusted Pork Loin Chops, Scalloped Potatoes, Fried Granny Smith Apples, a yet to be determined veggie and a Strawberry Lemondrift Pie.
sounds yummy!! hello and good day to you. why are you up? pain, insomnia or other?

sounds yummy!! hello and good day to you. why are you up? pain, insomnia or other?

I work 10 hr. shifts, get off at 2 am. This is my evening. I can't walk in the door after spending the night under those darn fluorescent lights and go to sleep. I need to unwind.

I work 10 hr. shifts, get off at 2 am. This is my evening. I can't walk in the door after spending the night under those darn fluorescent lights and go to sleep. I need to unwind.
i understand

I understand about being achy - arthritis achy!
I'm preparing a picnic lunch for myself and a lady friend - Deli Corned beef and imported Swiss with mustard and mayo on rye, tangy mustard and dill potato salad, dates stuffed with sweetened cream cheese, and iced tea.

Today is my all-day running around shopping day in Paducah, so I'll probably grab something at the grocery store that'll be quick and easy. These trips take all day and I usually put at least 100 miles on the car, so I won't be in the mood to prepare much of a meal.

pork loin roast (not sure how I am making it yet)
broccoli casserole
pecan crusted sweet potatoes

I'm making a cold chicken salad for Mark... rotini pasta, cooked chicken, ranch dressing, broccoli, bell pepper, salt-n-pepper and a little parmesan cheese.

I'm having 2 BBQ'd chicken legs, coleslaw and tater-tots.

For once I know exactly what we are having!

I took some ribs out yesterday and since DH is on a rare day shift, he will be home to grill them. I am doing grilled potatoes, corn (if I can get some decent stuff) and salad.

Dessert? Oh, something that goes well with cinnamon ice cream of course!

Tonight I'm making a nice fresh batch of traditional Pesto (fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, & extra-virgin olive oil) to toss with some Barilla thin spaghetti & one large diced heirloom tomato from the farmers market. Will serve simply with garlic bread & a nice big green salad.

surf and tuf: dry-aged strip steaks (Giant 'iggle actually stocks these! they aren't purrty, 'cept they is gonna be delish, i say!) with gorgonzola, mussles, sliced or whipped purple peruvian taters, zucchini & yellow squash tossed with whole butter, salt & pepper, corn on the cob, with the same, & starfruit, mango, cherry & kiwi fruit salad.

Tonight I'm making a nice fresh batch of traditional Pesto (fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, & extra-virgin olive oil) to toss with some Barilla thin spaghetti & one large diced heirloom tomato from the farmers market. Will serve simply with garlic bread & a nice big green salad.
that sounds fresh and summery!! yummy want company?

For once I know exactly what we are having!

I took some ribs out yesterday and since DH is on a rare day shift, he will be home to grill them. I am doing grilled potatoes, corn (if I can get some decent stuff) and salad.

Dessert? Oh, something that goes well with cinnamon ice cream of course!
ribs!! yummy also. i'm not hungry i'll just pick on some of everyones!! LOL

Breaded Buffalo chicken breasts, topped with lettuce, cheddar and ranch dressing on a kaiser for me and DW <-- hope I used that right haha.

5529_132928871292_636321292_3528863_6061413_n.jpg
I had an early dinner tonight, we were cooking for the cookbook, heres the photo. It is southern fried chicken served with creole creamed corn, and jambalaya green beans

we're postponing dinner till tomorrow. i'm with a queasy stomach tonite. braunswieger sounds great on saltine crackers. that's 'bout it! dagnabbit.

Back
Top Bottom