What's cooking Wednesday May 12, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't have any idea at the moment.

Whats on you menu?

there is a big to-do in the neighborhood today....dh and I are friends with the drummer in the band, Truth & Salvage Co. and his parents are our neighbors. The band is putting on a free concert on his folks front porch, old farmhouse with a long and wide front porch. Here is a link to the bands website..
Truth And Salvage Co.
and an article about the concert played over the weekend
Concert Review: Truth & Salvage Co. at Birdy's | Music Blog | NUVO Newsweekly | Indianapolis, IN

the concert starts at 6:00 pm. we have 22+ friends coming to hear the band....the mother has requested no loud music:wacko: and no alcohol:ohmy: at the event. The band has hired a sound system:LOL:

most of our friends are coming early to see our home improvements, will be a busy day

what I am planning is a pot luck at my house when the band takes its first break for food and beverages of choice:rolleyes:

I am fixing chicken salad and ham and cheese sandwiches, deviled eggs and chocolate cookies

should be quite a day;)

making turkey noodle soup from the thigh i cooked earlier . lots of vegs. in it and a small amount of noodles. have some garlic bread to go with it. doing the soup in my mini crockpot. just enough for me for two days.

It's definitely going to be the Fried Cabbage recipe that Kades posted. Along side that I'm not sure. I still have to see what's lurking in my freezer.
My family loves sausage or hot dogs with the cabbage.Cottage fries are nice as well.
kades:)

Ours will be minimal - maybe a green salad with cheese and crackers. We had a good size lunch at the Seafood place. I had bell pepper stuffed crab and dh had grouper so with the trimmings I'm good for quite a while. Must keep moving to prevent a nap coming on.

I do not have a clue. Could quite possibly be a "clean out the fridge" night but I have been away so much lately I don't even know what is in there! :wacko:

Thanks to all who sent "condolences" on my hockey team's humiliating demise last night. It will take some time to get over it
:(
Okay, I am over it! :ROFLMAO:

I've got some chicken wings thawing, don't know if I'm going to fry or bake. Absolutely no ideas about the sides. I guess it really depends how I decide to fix the wings.

It's "clean out the fridge" night at our house. Roast beef hash is one of the things we'll be having.

It's bbq'd pork chops that I've got marinating, Garlic,onion, potatoes baked in evoo salt and pepper, corn for the kids and brussels sprouts for the big kids, salad and warm bread and butter. dessert fix your own ice cream and topping.
kadesma

Pan fried smoked ham steak, buttered spinach, sliced tomatoes, mac and cheese (with Hormel (5 oz. can) smoked ham, peas and pearl onions added).

img_895874_0_06fa4f749e7f0b58bea03a9c1581026f.jpg

My family loves sausage or hot dogs with the cabbage.Cottage fries are nice as well.
kades:)

Hot dogs and stewed cabbage!!! YUM YUM!

We are having pasta, salad and garlic bread tonight.

Last edited:
Had a fabulous stirfry tonight using Trader Joe's "Black Pepper Sauce" mixed with some dry sherry, & added to diced red bell pepper, shredded poached chicken, quartered fresh shitake mushrooms, whole snow peas, whole baby corn, & several handfuls of spicy baby greens from the farmers market. Served on a bed of brown rice. Very spicy & absolutely delicious!!!

We kind of had burritos. :cool: Ground beef/bean/cheese, but instead of rolling them, I spread and sprinkled the toppings over a flour tortilla, then topped it all with another flour tortilla. I mostly did them that way because I'm lazy :-p but since they still taste the same, and no one was here to look a them, who cares? LOL

:)Barbara

We kind of had burritos. :cool: Ground beef/bean/cheese, but instead of rolling them, I spread and sprinkled the toppings over a flour tortilla, then topped it all with another flour tortilla. I mostly did them that way because I'm lazy :-p but since they still taste the same, and no one was here to look a them, who cares? LOL

That is called quesadilla[SIZE=-1].
[/SIZE]

that sounds yummy!! if you had crisped up the tortillas first it would have been a mexican pizza. yummy!! now I want one. LOL

Back
Top Bottom