What's cooking Wednesday May 5, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I think maybe homemade minestrone or chicken soup and salad (maybe top salad with tuna or leftover grilled chicken breast.

What are your plans?

Hey Ms M, great to see you!

I am having a root canal this morning so I am not sure what I am going to feel like. DH and Dad can have leftovers - Chile, ribs & Chinese food.

Margaritas, tacos with all the fixin's. It is, after all, the Fifth of May! (Cinco de Mayo).

... and, no, that does not stand for a fifth of mayonnaise, BigDaddy.

Hey Ms M, great to see you!

I am having a root canal this morning so I am not sure what I am going to feel like. DH and Dad can have leftovers - Chile, ribs & Chinese food.
so sorry sweetie. i had a tooth pulled recently ouch!! my root canal food has always been mashed with gravy and frozen chopped spinach, buttered pastina, canned soup like chicken and noodle or stars or rice or a creamed soup or some other warm, soft and mushy food, cold food always feels worse than hot food to me after a root canal. feel better sweetie.

From work tonight we are ordering Mexican. I plan on some combo plate that will include at least one Taco.

so sorry sweetie. i had a tooth pulled recently ouch!! my root canal food has always been mashed with gravy and frozen chopped spinach, buttered pastina, canned soup like chicken and noodle or stars or rice or a creamed soup or some other warm, soft and mushy food, cold food always feels worse than hot food to me after a root canal. feel better sweetie.

Thanks Ms. M!
Yes, I like soft warm foods too. Mashed with gravy sounds good! I had mushroom soup for lunch as the freezing hasn't come out yet. The guys had the Chinese food so I still don't know what I am making for dinner. But right now I am going to have a nap!

The grill is calling to me so we are having grilled marinate chuck roast that has been bathing in chopped onion,oil,garlic,chopped parsley,soy sauce,ginger, allspice,rosemary,red wine vinegar,brown sugar and beef broth. Will slice and put on some nice toasted french rolls with lettuce,tomato, onion,cheese if anyone wants some,mashed avocado. Potato salad, and a asparagus frittata. the last banana cream pie.
kadesma:)

nice pan fried tialipta , maybe a baked potato and green beans. sugar free choco pudding for dessert. or maybe star bucks coffee ice cream. only bought a pint, to tempting. have to check carbs.

Orange, wasabi, and ginger glazed pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and a vegetable (either peas or California blend most likely). :cool: I can't make dinner until we get home from Bible study, but I will probably be drooling until then! LOL

:)Barbara

The final decision is our favourite comfort food - sausages, cream corn and mash potatoes. My mouth is still very tender so I think I will just have the corn and mash, but it is really calling to me to that's it! :)

I had nothing planned (didn't even think about Cinco de Mayo til today) so I'm taking some of the beef I sous vide yesterday and will mix with some re hydrated guajillo pepper in a skillet maybe adding a little poblano. Then I'll make a quesadilla with that and some cheese, fresh grilled corn and onions. Probably some guacamole also

It was a LOMG day so I stopped and got chineese take away. Sweet & Sour chicken for SO and Sesame Chicken for me.

We had leftovers. This past weekend I made a double batch of Constance's Potato Soup so we warmed that up and then made turkey sandwiches in the waffle maker with the flat sides up for sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom