What's cooking Wednesday November 11, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
at the moment the plan is eye roast, mashed taters, mixed veggies or carrots, burgundy gravy and maybe yorkshire pudding.

what about you?

DH got a shift at work for today (double time and a half!) so the pork chops will be for tomorrow.

I think I will make mac and cheese with bacon and onion for Dad and I as DH can't eat it and we love it! I have a variety of cheese that needs to be used up as well.

I was supposed to make stuffed shells with butternut squash and sweet italian sausage late last week, but I fell sick and never made it.. So I'll be making that tonight. For dessert, I'm about to start working on an orange marmalade cake. :)

Orzo with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, black olives, etc., topped with feta. Roasted cauliflower on the side.

Tonight.. something special for me. I was burning up some brush in the back yard. I needed charcoal to keep the small stuff burning so I figured... Ah.. time for my pork loin in foil meal. It is one of my favorite dinners.

I picked up a nice piece of pork loin, some red potatoes, baby carrots and onion. I already had a jar of red pepper relish(sweet).

Put the meat on foil, surround with the veggies, sprinkle with basic spices (salt, pepper, a little Tony's..) Over the meat pour a jar of sweet red pepper relish. Wrap everything up tightly in 3 layers of HEAVY aluminum foil and drop onto hot coals.

Here is the hard part.... you can't check on it. Depending on the thickness of the meat, let it set UNDISTURBED for 45 minutes to an hour then carefully turn the entire packet over. Cook another 45 minutes to hour. You really want the carrots to be soft, the meat may overcook a bit but it will not be dry.

Remove from the heat and let it set for 15-20 minutes. Serve, a little butter on the potatoes along with the broth in the bottom of the foil(be careful when opening). The carrots will be as sweet as sugar...

To open make sure you are SEAM SIDE up, carefully cut through the foil and watch out for the steam... Just an amazing flavor..

Here is the packet just opened after cooking..
large.jpg

Here is as served(Hey, I live alone and have had the same plates for 20 years, rustic serving )

large.jpg

everyones food sounds and looks fantastic!!

looks good jeff!!

Back
Top Bottom