What's cooking Wednesday, September 16, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i haven't decided yet!! to many options, none very exciting. LOL

whats cooking at your house?

what's cooking at my house is not what's for dinner:)

I am supervising the bread machine on a loaf of whole wheat bread for next weeks lunch box sandwiches, and nudging a ricotta cheese along to get it to the draining stage, so I can go out and wash and wax the car.

we are still loving the leftovers:LOL:

what's cooking at my house is not what's for dinner:)

I am supervising the bread machine on a loaf of whole wheat bread for next weeks lunch box sandwiches, and nudging a ricotta cheese along to get it to the draining stage, so I can go out and wash and wax the car.

we are still loving the leftovers:LOL:
yikes!! LOL i want some.

It's my husband's birthday, so fixing his favorite meal: grilled cheeseburgers, with baked beans and tater tots (I kid you not).

...nudging a ricotta cheese along to get it to the draining stage, so I can go out and wash and wax the car.

Yeah, I've heard runny ricotta is horrible for washing and waxing cars!
laughing-smiley-017.gif

The plan for tonight is pork loin chops in mexican BBQ sauce, corn bread, and grilled zucchini planks.

Yeah, I've heard runny ricotta is horrible for washing and waxing cars!
laughing-smiley-017.gif

The plan for tonight is pork loin chops in mexican BBQ sauce, corn bread, and grilled zucchini planks.
oh my lord!! thanks for the laugh!!! :LOL:

We bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco today. We had the legs and wings for lunch with some leftover potato salad. The bones went into the freezer to become part of a future stock.

For dinner, I will be making a quesadilla with one half the breast meat and SO will be doing something different with the other half.

I'm making a cabbage casserole with a side of meatballs. They are tossed in a mushroom gravy with green onion.... carrots and peas for the vegies.... not surprising. :LOL:

I never would have thought about that but lentils are so meaty like I bet that would be good...
thank you!! i used the left over lentil soup from last night. i put the lentil soup, tomato sauce, beef broth and red wine in a pan and brought to boil. once boiling i added the linguini and stirred well. cooked till pasta was tender.

Last night I whipped up a big pot of "Summer Minestrone" soup, nearly all of the ingredients coming from our local farmers market.

Extra-virgin olive oil, garlic (of course!), carrots, celery, Italian plum tomatoes, green beans, yellow bell pepper, leeks, ruby Swiss chard, zucchini, yellow summer squash, kernels from 2 ears of bicolor sweet corn, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh basil, a can of cannellini beans, homemade chicken stock, salt, pepper, about a 1/3 of a cup of homemade leftover basil pesto, and a piece of Parmesian-Reggiano rind.

Made for a delicious meal with some crusty garlic bread, & I have enough leftover for lunch today & freezing to enjoy another day.

Last night I whipped up a big pot of "Summer Minestrone" soup, nearly all of the ingredients coming from our local farmers market.

Extra-virgin olive oil, garlic (of course!), carrots, celery, Italian plum tomatoes, green beans, yellow bell pepper, leeks, ruby Swiss chard, zucchini, yellow summer squash, kernels from 2 ears of bicolor sweet corn, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh basil, a can of cannellini beans, homemade chicken stock, salt, pepper, about a 1/3 of a cup of homemade leftover basil pesto, and a piece of Parmesian-Reggiano rind.

Made for a delicious meal with some crusty garlic bread, & I have enough leftover for lunch today & freezing to enjoy another day.
that sounds fantastic!!

Thanks!

I have a terrible habit of buying some of everything that looks great at the farmers market - & then end up racing like mad to use it all before it goes bad or the next farmers market day arrives - lol!!! Soups are always a great "go to" for what's hanging around.

Thanks!

I have a terrible habit of buying some of everything that looks great at the farmers market - & then end up racing like mad to use it all before it goes bad or the next farmers market day arrives - lol!!! Soups are always a great "go to" for what's hanging around.
my mom grew veggies and herbs and bought them at the farm market. when she had a little of this and a little of that left she made chambautta (i have no clue how to spell it in italian LOL) its an italian veggie stew.

Back
Top Bottom