What's cooking Wednesday September 23, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to introduce new, healthy foods to my Dad, who is a meat and potatoes guy. He won't order chicken out, but learned with my mother to eat what was put in front of him. LOL Awhile ago I got him onto chicken cacciatore and was going to try my parmesan chicken fingers with Kades Unfries. However, I didn't want to go too far out for him so I left the breasts whole and decided to do fries instead because he loves the homemade ones. But I did the trick of parboiling the fries first, draining and cooling them, then putting them in the oil. This way they cook faster and don't absorb as much grease.

The meal was a hit with everyone! Now I have two kinds of chicken he will eat which makes DH very happy as he misses his poultry! Hmm, I wonder how I will do introducing vegetarian food to Dad? Nah, won't go there.

i dunno yet

I have no idea..maybe we'll just order a large pepperoni pizza:LOL:

PepperoniPizza.jpg

I am going to have an extra teenage boy tonight so I making spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread so there will be plenty to go around.
IT was a good thing I made a huge batch so that I could freeze the leftovers. A football game was canceled due to storms and I ended up with 7 wet, very hungry teenagers.

everyones dinners sound and/or look fantastic!! i want some of everything!!

IT was a good thing I made a huge batch so that I could freeze the leftovers. A football game was canceled due to storms and I ended up with 7 wet, very hungry teenagers.
YIKES!! oh lord bless you!!

order in

Ohhhh, that looks good, and you can have some for breakfast today. Where do you like to get your pizza?

We order our pizzas from Pizza Hut or Dominos...also from Yellow Cab..we love the extra large with extra cheese and extra pepperoni...:LOL:
pizza%20lg.jpg

Wednesday night I made my "Breezy Braised Eggplant Szechaun Style", using both black & violet-striped baby eggplants from the farmers' market & adding several handfuls of crisp snowpeas to the original recipe. Served over Jasmine rice. Delicious, spicy, plus had enough leftovers for 2 days of lunch.

We order our pizzas from Pizza Hut or Dominos...also from Yellow Cab..we love the extra large with extra cheese and extra pepperoni...:LOL:
pizza%20lg.jpg

PepperoniPizza.jpg

Here was our last pizza at Pizza Hut. It was a
hand-tossed with double cheese overall and half sausage/half mushroom.
img_852554_2_0899b36a085dc9133001a2ca6625cc84.jpg

The next one was from a place in Vancouver, BC, CA. We both had our own pizza with a pitcher of beer. Great combo! :rolleyes: I can't remember the name of the restaurant.
img_852554_3_05e5dac8ba889572381c8c1b9fd370a2.jpg

I think it was The Brewhouse. Sorry the picture is not good. It was taken the first part of 2006.

Pizza

Here was our last pizza at Pizza Hut. It was a
hand-tossed with double cheese overall and half sausage/half mushroom.
img_852835_0_0899b36a085dc9133001a2ca6625cc84.jpg

The next one was from a place in Vancouver, BC, CA. We both had our own pizza with a pitcher of beer. Great combo! :rolleyes: I can't remember the name of the restaurant.
img_852835_1_05e5dac8ba889572381c8c1b9fd370a2.jpg

I think it was The Brewhouse. Sorry the picture is not good. It was taken the first part of 2006.

great pizza pics..makes wanna eat pizza right now...thanks for sharing ur pics...:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom