What's cooking Wednesday September 23, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
we have plenty of chicken soup left over.

whats cooking at your house?

I am going to have an extra teenage boy tonight so I making spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread so there will be plenty to go around.

think I will bake off a bunch of medium sized potatoes and have stuffed potatoes for supper, and the fixings for a near future baked potato soup.

glad to hear you had the energy for the soup ms. m!

I am making a weird combination, but one that is just so yummy...

Chicken simmered in an orange wine sauce, thickened with Maizena or flour. Served with a side of Mac&cheese believe it or not! The creamy pasta with (or without) cheese really compliments the citrus-e chicken. Try it!

Trying something new on Dad tonight, who is not a huge chicken fan, but loves fries and Parmesan. I am doing my Parmesan chicken fingers and either Kades Unfries that she posted yesterday or regular fries....don't want too many changes at once!

Black bean pizza!

I've got homemade pizza dough thawing in the fridge. The sauce is a combination of black beans and tomatoes with garlic and spices. I top it with mozzarella, cheddar, black beans, and tomatoes going into the oven. When it's all baked up, browned, and bubbly, I top it with a mountain of cool, crisp shredded lettuce. Yum! It's one of our favorites.

I'm having a friend over to play some tunes around lunch time, and I'm going to feed him the leftover corn chowder with Spanish shrimp/chorizo... I'm starting a diet.
So... am eating a nice vegetable omelette with a side of slice tomatoes. Will do boneless pork loin chops for supper, haven't decided on sage or balsamic recipe. Will have with sweet potato and brown rice or a whole grain couscous. Maybe a green salad on the side.

Trying my first African recipe. Chicken stew with chickpeas, peanut butter, garlic and onion, seasoned with coriander and cumin. It sure looks good on paper, hopefully I don't screw it up! lol

Fish. I have a filet of wild sockeye salmon for me and a filet of haddock for SO. Mine will be pan fried and hers baked in the oven.

think I will bake off a bunch of medium sized potatoes and have stuffed potatoes for supper, and the fixings for a near future baked potato soup.

glad to hear you had the energy for the soup ms. m!
thank you yes beth i made it yesterday. and it will be dinner with biscuits tonight.

Very dreary here so I made a spaghetti dish with Italian sausages, peppers and onions. Leftover chocolate cake for dessert.

Pomme Frites, Curry Mayo, Kimchi dogs and beer.

3948693531_a8dcd18f5a.jpg

Your dinner looks fantastic, except for that beer!! My SO, Mark, bought that once, and I think it's nasty.
yuk.gif
To each his own, I guess.

Thanks for the nice words.

As for the beer the lable even says "You probably won't like it." But I guess that I am crazy enough to like it. But only one bottle.

Beef Stroganoff with Wheat Noodles. I will not buy them again. I don't mind the tougher texture, but they have a funny taste that I don't care for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom