"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
Sous Chef

I have some kielbasa and some red and green bells. I think I'll make sandwiches out of them. Don't know what to go with though.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
I have some kielbasa and some red and green bells. I think I'll make sandwiches out of them. Don't know what to go with though.
oh yummy!! you know what just popped into my head? kielbasa, peppers, onions and potatoes fried. add scrambled eggs and cook. lightly butter a long roll (toast if you like i like mine untoasted) add scramble. man those are yummy!! mom made them with italian sausage more often than kielbasa. she liked to fry the kielbasa and dip in fried eggs yolks better.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
kielbasa, peppers, onions and potatoes fried. add scrambled eggs and cook
Take out the peppers and that was dinner last night, more as a frittata though.

Tonight is something with a nice strip steak and mushrooms... also thinking steak sandwich!

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeniek View Post
I'm thinking Mexican Lasagne tonight with homemade refried beans... good leftover generator for work lunches and.. I haven't made it in ages!
I make a recipe called, taco lasagna, that sounds very similiar to your dish. It is one of my mainstay meals, very filling and tasty. Taco lasagna is the reason I can chili sauce, to use as an ingredient for this recipe.

Tonight it will be some combination of red potatoes, onions, garlic, green peppers, green beans and the last of the hot dogs.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
I make a recipe called, taco lasagna, that sounds very similiar to your dish. It is one of my mainstay meals, very filling and tasty. Taco lasagna is the reason I can chili sauce, to use as an ingredient for this recipe.

Tonight it will be some combination of red potatoes, onions, garlic, green peppers, green beans and the last of the hot dogs.
italian hot dogs!!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
italian hot dogs!!

that sounds a LOT better than what I was thinking of making...i'm rethinking my plan..

have started to dig my potatoes, a little at a time, yesterday I dug a few reds, the biggest taters from each plant are weighing in at 20 ounces, so whatever I do for tonight, will be heavy on the potato
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
Senior Cook

We're going to marinate some steaks and then grill them. I'll make salt-crusted baked potatoes and a nice big green salad to go with. Probably some sort of homemade frozen yogurt for dessert...peach or chocolate.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefkathleen View Post
Yes it does. Sounds good though. Does it nuke well the next day?
I have a RR recipe for Mexican Pizza, kinda, that I use. Really quite tasty. Got it long before her "hit it big".

It nukes fairly well... I don't mind the tortillas being a little soft.. it's alot like nuking an enchilada.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
that sounds a LOT better than what I was thinking of making...i'm rethinking my plan..

have started to dig my potatoes, a little at a time, yesterday I dug a few reds, the biggest taters from each plant are weighing in at 20 ounces, so whatever I do for tonight, will be heavy on the potato
saute all the veggies (cut long and narrow so they will be more "roll" friendly LOL) in olive oil. fry the dogs in a pan by just rolling them, don't grill frying has the proper taste. place 1 or 2 dogs on an italian long roll or a long loaf of bread cut down. top with the veggies (you can also add some tomato sauce if you want, i do). yummy!! potatoes in the sammies. you can fry some french fries/wedges for the side or i would make some homemade potato chips (so good and quick to make). sprinkle chips or fries with fine salt (diamond crystal or popcorn salt) and a splash of malt vinegar. man i want THAT dinner!! do you deliver?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

Time to whip out the old cast iron skillet and make a batch of home fries and a ham steak.