What's cooking Wednesday, September 9, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just checked the refrigerator...I have:

BBQ Spare Ribs....
BBQ Pulled Pork......
Tator Salad.......
Cole Slaw.......
Pimiento & Cheese.....
Cream Style Corn.......
Purple Hull Peas.......
Okra & Tomatoes......
Steamed Cabbage.....and
Some fresh ground pork sausage to fry up.....

Holey Moley....Think I’ll bake a pone of bread and a pan of biscuits --- make two gallons of tea, and open up a $9.99 buffet line!!! (Alcohol extra)

Y’all Come!!

*sigh* the only place I've been to in Mississippi is Gulfport. It may take me while to find it. Don't start widout me! We be swangin'. Got that song going through my head now. :LOL:

I just checked the refrigerator...I have:

BBQ Spare Ribs....
BBQ Pulled Pork......
Tator Salad.......
Cole Slaw.......
Pimiento & Cheese.....
Cream Style Corn.......
Purple Hull Peas.......
Okra & Tomatoes......
Steamed Cabbage.....and
Some fresh ground pork sausage to fry up.....

Holey Moley....Think I’ll bake a pone of bread and a pan of biscuits --- make two gallons of tea, and open up a $9.99 buffet line!!! (Alcohol extra)

Y’all Come!!
BBQ, sweet tea and pone!! yummy

Dinner:

Shell steak done on the stovetop cast iron grill pan, homemade rice-roni, steam bag veggies - carrots, cauliflower and broccoli.

img_849820_0_b44f3e3a72c20f7c4f8c54b38a55d5a3.jpg

img_849820_1_bcf045fc0ea7b7415e5532b5dc935e8d.jpg

well, i put pork short ribs in crock with honey bbq sauce. bout three the "handyman from hell" and i were hungry, so i made each of us a sandwich with potato chips. i had a half of sandwich. so really wasn't hungry at 6.30 for dinner. i think the warm choco chip cookies topped us off.

so if i get hungry will have a snack of the pork shredded and on a bun. i did taste it and it is just wonderful.

I made noodles with a black bean paste sauce. I forgot to take a picture after making the plate look good. I have some left over sauce so I may have it again tonight.

Pretty plates mismofet. What's the spice on the steak?

thank you CK!!

i first rubbed steaks with a coating of olive oil then i used the following herbs and spices:

My Spice mix (pre-mixed in old spice bottle)
Granulated Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning (spice mix not the chilies paste)
Accent (or MSG) - optional you can leave out
Salt
Ground 5 pepper corn blend
Cayenne
Paprika

McCormick Grinders:

Italian Spices Blend Grinder (thyme, rosemary, black pepper, red pepper,
course granulated garlic, onion flakes, sea salt , parsley)

Montréal Steak Seasoning Grill Mate Grinder

Garlic Pepper Blend Grinder (garlic, sea salt, black pepper, red and green bell pepper)

some of the spices are repeated in my mix and the grinders but it tastes great if you go easy. i seasoned one side and the took a 2 tined cooking fork and poked the steaks to get some of the herbs and spices inside if the meat. turned steak over and repeated on other side.

the key is heating the cast iron grill pan (both burners) on high for about 5 minutes till its smoking hot. place steaks on and do not move till they release easily without sticking about 2 - 3 minutes then turn and repeat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom