Whats everybody having for dinner? 29/01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
Since I moved here.. all my cookbooks are still back in the states till probably around June..... I have been cooking my tried and true regular meals, but looking for something different now.... sooo what is everybody having for dinner.. I am only cooking for two though. :)

We're having rotisserie chicken, butter beans, deviled eggs, biscuits and banana cake w/cream cheese frosting.

Supposed to be a pork roast, but somebody posted a recipe for leeks in lemon and cream sauce to serve w/ grilled seared salmon a couple of days ago, so I sent my husband shopping and the leeks are cooking in the oven as we speak!!!

I absolutely love leeks, couldn't resist trying this out! I would find it and stick it within this text if I knew how. I've only just learned evoo, so maybe in another few visits I'll have worked it out! :LOL:

Shaffer style clam chowder
spinach salad with oranges
French bread
and peanut butter cookies for dessert.

Extra fat! lol. Here's the recipe I use.

Yummy
Thick
warm
You'll want to cook another batch the next day!!!

Ingredients:
three 10 oz cans chopped clams
1lb bacon
three cups peeled and chopped potatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon thyme (some times I use parsley instead)
2 cups half and half
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all purpose flour

salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
open canned clams reserving all juice
set aside

cut up bacon, removing a lot of the extra fat
in large sauce pan cook bacon until crisp. Keeping the bacon and the grease in the pan
add potatoes, clam juice, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, onions, pepper,bouillon cubes.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about ten minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Combind milk, cream and flour till smooth. Add to potatoe mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in Clams. Return to boiling reduce heat. Cook for a few minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.

If soup is too thick add more milk or cream
if soup is too thin add more flour mixing with milk or cream first!

We add a tablespoon of butter to each bowl when serving ( not at all good for you
but it tastes great!!!

Add some nice frech bread and a green salad and you've got a wonderful dinner! Use small bowls so you can have seconds! As with most soups this is better the next day!

Last edited:
My dinner turned out horrible. :( I don't know what I did, but the chili that I have made a bizillion times tasted awful.:sick: :sick: I tried everything I could think of to improve the taste to no avail. Needless to say the whole pot ended up in the trash!! I think the meat might have been bad. Luckily, I had some leftovers in the fridge.

Sorry Sierra... I wish you could have come over to our place after that fiasco!! I winged a new version of cannelloni, I sautèed chopped mushrooms and scallions, mixed with ricotta and grated parmigiano, rolled the mixture in fresh pasta sheets and poured bechamel, then more parmigiano on top... it is not a traditional cannelloni but came out absolutely delicious!!:) :) :)

My mom came over to play with the baby so I got to play in the kitchen just a bit! We had pecan and coconut crusted fish and rice with tomatoes and black beans. It was nice to eat but even nicer to cook! It wasn't anything too time consuming but it was such a pleasure to dabble in the kitchen and know I didn't have to stop and start a million times or never finish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom