What's for April Fools Dinner? 4-1-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Not real sure yet, but I'm thinking of having some Trader Joe's coconut shrimp, and a salad. We were at TJ's earlier last week, I saw the shrimp in the frozen section and thought it might be good.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

We just got back from the Outer Banks and the fridge is kind of bare. I had to go get milk last night so we'd have some for breakfast so I picked up a take-n-bake pizza at the same time. We'll cook that.

I'm going to make Crispy Cheddar Chicken for dinner tonight. I'll figure out something to go with it later.

Let us (me) know how that comes out, please.
I've only seen that internet pic when somebody makes it and would like to know how close you can come to it. It always looks so delicious.

I don't know what I'm having. I was all set to make a change from Kay's lemony lamb balls with asparagus to stuffed lamb burgers on the grill with a warm Greek style pasta salad... I even picked up some veggies to grill and some feta cheese... but now I'm thinking it would be so easy to warm up some leftover ribs and fry some potatoes. hmmm... :wacko:

Dirty rice with ground venison, onions, a rib of celery and one chopped jalpeno with the seeds (we like it warm); some fordhooks from last years garden and a sliced tomato from the farmer's market. The tomatoes are coming in from south Florida already and they are fabulous. It's making me look forward to summer!

I'm still keeping an eye peeled for the first of the Vidalias.

We went out for supper to Bofinger American BBQ Smokehouse. I had the special of the day: quarter rack of pork ribs and three chicken wings. Stirling had the Bofinger club sandwich (pulled pork, BBQed brisket, bacon, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and onion). Excellent food. Shared a decadent brownie with ice cream for dessert.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Last edited:
Let us (me) know how that comes out, please.
I've only seen that internet pic when somebody makes it and would like to know how close you can come to it. It always looks so delicious....

Mine didn't look like the picture. In my opinion this recipe needs some work.

A standard three-dish breading technique (flour, egg, crumbs/cheese) with finely grated cheese mixed in with the Ritz crumbs would work better. the coating did not stick well at all.

Baking in a covered dish did not promote a crispy finish. The cheese melted and ran off. I'd consider putting the properly breaded chicken on a wire rack and bake it uncovered.

The "chicken gravy" tasted like the doctored concentrated cream of chicken soup it was. I'd find an alternative.

I decided to go with the grilled Greek themed dinner.
Prepping is done.

lamb1.jpg
lamb2.jpg
veggies1.jpg

Sent from a complicated desk lamp not using the Discuss Cooking mobile app

Not quite sure. I was taking my neighbour out to celebrate her passing her safety exam, but she seems to have forgotten me. I will wait another half hour, but am getting hungry.

I have been cleaning out the fridges and freezers and we are down to a bare minimum of choices until I can go shopping tomorrow!

Not quite sure. I was taking my neighbour out to celebrate her passing her safety exam, but she seems to have forgotten me. I will wait another half hour, but am getting hungry.

I have been cleaning out the fridges and freezers and we are down to a bare minimum of choices until I can go shopping tomorrow!
Give her a call, in case she did forget. She probably doesn't want to miss supper with you.

Give her a call, in case she did forget. She probably doesn't want to miss supper with you.

I had already called and left a message with her Mom who she is living with temporarily (she used to live on the other side of her Mom). She was only supposed to be gone for a "bit" but when I checked a few minutes ago, she had gone for a tanning session.

We hadn't set a time, but I need to get something soon and also need to go pick up dog/cat supplies before the store closes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom