What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffee
with vanilla cream.

I poured a cup and sat down at the computer to drink it...then my hubby brought me
another cup. Oh, what a sad face he had when I saw that I already had one. He wanted to do something nice for me... : )

I had a pint of blueberries in the fridge, so I made a batch of blueberry pancakes. I can freeze them and have them during the week as well.

My first attempt at a potato pancake (using mashed potatoes). Thanks to the recent thread, not bad......
Also my first attempt at trying to make a smiley face with my food :LOL:

Attachments

• breakfast 9-7.jpg
    breakfast 9-7.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 246
My first attempt at a potato pancake (using mashed potatoes). Thanks to the recent thread, not bad......
Also my first attempt at trying to make a smiley face with my food :LOL:

Haha! How did you get the smile? another egg yolk? Your potato cake look great! you did good.:chef:

Haha! How did you get the smile? another egg yolk? Your potato cake look great! you did good.:chef:

Thanks, Patty. The potato pancakes were a little hard to get from the wax paper into the pan, but once there they cooked up well. I think maybe one egg was too much for the amount of spuds I had, or maybe they needed more flour... they were very moist.

For the smile, I broke an egg over the fry pan, got the whites out into the pan and put the yolk in a small glass, then I broke two more eggs in the top of the pan, then stirred the first yolk up and slowly poured it in. It spread out more than I wanted it to because the whites were already cooking, so I just made a bigger smile :D

Thanks, Patty. The potato pancakes were a little hard to get from the wax paper into the pan, but once there they cooked up well. I think maybe one egg was too much for the amount of spuds I had, or maybe they needed more flour... they were very moist.

For the smile, I broke an egg over the fry pan, got the whites out into the pan and put the yolk in a small glass, then I broke two more eggs in the top of the pan, then stirred the first yolk up and slowly poured it in. It spread out more than I wanted it to because the whites were already cooking, so I just made a bigger smile :D

The way I make potatoe pancakes, is just form them with leftover potatoe, room temp. not cold. Refer over night, pan fry the next day. I don't add anything.

I just eat leftover potatoe salad. It is off to bed. Gotta work again tonight.

I woke up hungry and didn't want to ruin my appetite for dinner tonight with a late lunch, so breakfast was in order.
I've always got eggs and onions, and remembered a chunk of ham in a handi-vac bag in the back of the meat drawer (still as fresh as it was a month ago ;)) and I even had a green bell pepper!. No bread, but there were wraps in the cupboard.
So, western wraps for breakfast, with tobasco of course :)

Attachments

• western1.jpg
    western1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 169
  • western2.jpg
    western2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 171
  • western3.jpg
    western3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 173
I had a different breakfast . Panini sandwich on home made bread , smoked turkey breast, Asagio cheese, mayo.

Roast beef hash made from leftover pot roast, poached eggs, strawberry orange juice and toast. Coffee, of course.

I had a different breakfast . Panini sandwich on home made bread , smoked turkey breast, Asagio cheese, mayo.

I've had that for breakfast more than once (but I skip the mayo) and I love it. Try adding a couple leaves of fresh basil to that one and see how it kicks it up. Deeeelicious.

cream of wheat, plain with a tad of cinnamon & splenda with a citrus fruit. i woke at 3:00.

You eat asagio cheese a lot, LC.
What is it like?

It's like a more pungent parmesan.... to me anyway I'm sure somone will tell me I'm wrong.

I did it!!!!
I DID NOT EAT A BAGEL TODAY!!!
I brought cottage cheese and an apple. :angel:
I decided I lost lotsa weight just moving more...... and not alot more... imagine if my diet didn't consist of mostly bread and sugar!!!!! :wacko:

It's like a more pungent parmesan.... to me anyway I'm sure somone will tell me I'm wrong.

I did it!!!!
I DID NOT EAT A BAGEL TODAY!!!
I brought cottage cheese and an apple. :angel:
I decided I lost lotsa weight just moving more...... and not alot more... imagine if my diet didn't consist of mostly bread and sugar!!!!! :wacko:

Thanks for answering that, Suzi. I didn't want to ask again :wacko:
And here I was thinking it was like a soft, meltable cheese.

Back
Top Bottom