What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had 5 spoonsful of Ovaltine in an 11 oz glass of 1% milk, 1 glucosemine capsule, 1 (Centrum Silver equivalent) multi-vitamin, 1 polycosinol capsule, 2 fish oil capsules, and a Zantac 150. YUM!

Last edited:
Today I had whole grain Cheerios with a sort of yogurt glaze with 2% milk. Sometimes I have a toasted peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich.

During the week, Buck and I pretty much have "make do" kinds of breakfasts...cereal, toast, English muffins, etc. Sunday is when we "enjoy" breakfast or, rather, brunch because that's the day most of the sleeping-in happens.

I try to serve a large, full and creative breakfast on Sunday, especially when the weather's cooler. Gettin' to be that time again. Hooray!

I usually eat some calamari salad for breakfast. I know that is a very unusual breakfast but I love it so much. :-p
If I do not have that then an omelet loaded with peppers will work. :)

Sausage, green chile, and cheddar cheese mini frittatas. I baked them in my large muffin tin. Usually, I bake the frittata in a cast iron skillet, but I decided to try something different. They turned out great and now I have the leftover mini frittatas for breakfast this week.

Pumpkin, pecan Belgian waffles, maple syrup, turkey bacon, fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee.
It's great to have time for a good bf on Sunday!

DH loves his eggs, however, I don't. So I try to come up with healthy and inventive ways to "hide" them. One I learned at culinary school that we love once in awhile is eggs coquotte. Grease one ramekin per egg, and (if desired) cut a piece of ham to fit or crumble some cooked bacon on the bottom. Crack your egg into the ramekin and cover with some grated gruyere (or other cheese) and a small amount of heavy cream. Place ramekins in a saute pan and fill with water to half way up sides of ramekins. Cover and when it starts to boil and steam, cook for 3 minutes for medium, five for hard cooked. These may not be cholesterol friendly but they are delish!

I did some baking, so tomorrow morning I'm thinking a slice of my banana nut bread, yogurt w/ granola mixed in, an orange, and Earl Grey tea.

Ok, hold on to your seats cause my breakfast was super exciting! Ready?!

Steel cut oats with blueberries, ground flax seed and cinnamon!

I'm not a big breakfast eater but today I had some fresh orange juice. greek yoghurt(of course )two rusks with tahini and honey,and lots of black coffee.

that sounds good, ambuh. i could go for a b.l.t..

i'm having a hawaiian punch, and the rest of my mom's manhattan clam chowder.

since i seem unable to cook for just the three of us, making enough to feed 6 or 8 or more, i've gotten in the habit of freezing quarts of stuff and bringing to my parents' house when we visit. my mom gets to make a few less meals a week, and i'm happy to hear my parents' enjoy my creations.

as a thank you, my mom made me a quart of clam chowder. yum!

BT, you have the most interesting stuff I've ever heard of for breakfast! I usually can't face food in the am so it's a glass of milk followed by lots of cups of coffee. Sometimes, if I know I'll be busy at lunch time, I'll eat toast or a left over breadstick.

Back
Top Bottom