What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I made something different:

Bircher Meusli
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 t raisins
  • 1 t honey
  • 6oz flavored yogurt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 oz diced walnuts
Mix it all together, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Next time I will probably skip the honey.

This is going to kill you but I loved it at 5:30 this morning along with a cold Coke.

img_523602_0_21cf83d59556694f73dab0cab00fc232.jpg

John, I think that even beats my DH's chocolate chip cookie and coke of a few weeks back! For us today it was oatmeal with maple syrup and milk for me, soy for DH who is lactose intolerant.

Egg white scramble with red onion, tomato and fresh basil. Followed by a large mug of Peet's French Roast....mmmmmm.

It's homemade, john. I make all our bread products. You could say the specialty store is the "Katie E Bakery."

Way to go Katie, I try to keep up and make all my own baked goods and do well with cookies, cakes, buns, etc. However, since we go through about 1 large loaf of bread a day around here with toast, sandwiches, bread at supper, etc., I sometimes have to supplement with store bought!

Right now I am baking off 132 cupcakes for a wedding so my 3 hungry guys have to suffer with bakery products.

Sorry Mikey to hear you had a bad night.

I was up early working and DH stopped in from his work with fresh cinnamon buns and a chai tea latte!

Goodweed's World's Finest Pancakes, substituting cornmeal for some of the flour.

we had a great breakfast this morning. I made baked eggs. I lined a muffin cup with ham, the spooned a leek sauce into it and some gruyere cheese, then cracked an egg over it and baked for 15 minutes. Also made oven roasted potatoes. I put rosemary in them and dh said they were "too gourmet" LOL! Toast, jam and hot tea. Yum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom