What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making Jet's upside down apple pancake.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you. If you do not mind, please go back to the recipe thread and post the amount of sugar you used.

I was going to make Worlds Finest Pancakes again but much to my chagrin I discovered that I forgot to wash my griddle after yesterday's Palatschinkens. So instead I made corazon's Dutch Baby recipe (see post #86) topped with cherry-cheesecake yogurt and dried cherries.

steel cut oats, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, fresh oj and toasted cinnamon raisin bread with kona coffee.

DH is becoming a great breakfast cook - today it was fluffy scrambled eggs with jalepeno havarti and old cheddar, served with pork sausage and sliced fresh fruit! He has come along way from chocolate chip cookies and a cola!

I don't know what got in to me this morning but I had 2 pieces of whole meal toast with real salted butter for brekkie! I very rarely eat bread let alone butter!

Followed by a large cup of tea with sugar!

Yesterday, I baked a cinnamon crumb cake and ended up with some extra streusel. This morning, I made pancakes and added the streusel to the batter.

Today, I made French toast out of homemade brioche, topped with a thin layer of either PB or fruit spread (the current flavors being dark chocolate and blackberry, respectively).

Hmm, I guess it is french toast day. I had some leftover whole wheat cranberry nut bread and felt like experimenting with the flavours. I coated the bread with an egg bath mixed with a bit of whipping cream, a dash of almond extract and some cinammon to bring out the flavours in the bread. The I carmelized some pineapple, pecans and dried cranberries in a frypan with some brown sugar and butter. I covered the french toast with the mixture and then topped with whipped cream (with a hint of almond and sugar) and dusted it with icing sugar and cinnamon. DH and our border loved it!

French toast Brotha! LPB, Jet and I are on the same page. We did raisens here. I love carmelizing fruit and making mixtures too, I did that last week! I made Pineapple syrup. It has a bite to it so you have to go heavy on brown sugar to balance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom