What's for dinner 03/09/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a late lunch, so it will probably be something light. I think I have one flounder fillet left in the freezer, maybe that and a salad.

Well, I should be slicing onions right now for bratwurst. Going to put the links on top of onions in the crock pot, then pour some dark beer over and simmer. Maybe some steamed cabbage or sauerkraut to go with. And I need to look for a recipe for "sour potatoes" like DH's Mom would make. I never tasted them, but he said the potato salad at Smokey Bones had a very similar taste, just that his Mom made a hot dish. Maybe mashed potatoes with caramelized onions if I don't find anything that "tastes" right.

Thanks. DH says it isn't "German Potato Salad" because his Mom never used sugar. However two of the first three recipes I checked omitted the sugar. Winner! Now I have to ask him if Mom used bacon...

found a recipe for crustless quiche. gonna try that. will need to cut recipe in half. and a nice green salad with butter lettuce. choco cookies for dessert and/or snack.

For dinner tonight is Marinated Rib Eye Steak with Dungeness Crab.
I been away from this site for a while because we sold our house and moved into our 42' yacht and happen to make friends with the local crab fisherman. We can help ourselves to dungeness crab any time we want. What a treat for us!:) I will be looking for some good crab recipes.

Everyone's dinner sounds so good.. we had generic mac n cheese. I had 2 hot dogs with it and SO had some lil smokies.

This was our dinner. I took out of the freezer leftover pork roast and made a shepherd's pie. It only had seasonings, diced carrot, celery and potato. On top, just a biscuit topping.

img_883188_0_e4d800a545f7a09e6f9b2124e910b671.jpg

img_883188_1_4860fe3f7638836b5008fa113b8d2713.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom