What's For Dinner 03/31/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our dinner is totally up in the air. First DH was off, then working, then not working and now (finally) has an interview for his permanent position and transfer (we have been waiting for this for 16 months of casual work with no guarantee of hours and no benefits). So I don't know when he will be home.

On top of that, we spontaneously went out yesterday and bought the tile for our kitchen backsplash and put it on. So I will be grouting while DH is being interviewed!

Maybe I will get some ideas from everyone else!

I have some pizza dough aging in the fridge. It will come out tonight for Margarita pizzas. (and beer).

LPBeier said:
Our dinner is totally up in the air.

Don't ya just hate that??? I know I do! I much prefer it when it's down around table level....:LOL: ~~~

DW took out some Chicken thighs...wanted me to cook some kind of dish in the oven....Bleah!!! Nope...ain't gonna do that one...To hot and tired...Too much twouble!! So I'm probably gonna pour a little bourbon in a while...pull up a chair close the stove...and have Chied Fricken thighs!!! ~~ No clue what else! ~~~ Maybe a bite of Chicken and a Swig of tea...another bite of Chicken, and another swig of tea...:LOL:
There WILL be Chocolate Ice Cream later for sure!!!!:cool:

Uncle Bob, I don't know why I keep seeing these doctors and getting all these tests. You are the best medicine I know! Thanks for the laughs....always!:flowers:

Oh, and if you think you have the energy, do you want to through want of those chied fricken thighs my way?

halibut and baked sweet potato for dh with salad and peas, I'm having clams,and French bread to sop up the parsley,garlic juices. No dessert we are saving up for Sunday:LOL:

kades

Well, I have it worked out, I think.

I found a package of top sirloin in the freezer and thawed it partway. I cut it up in thin bias strips and have it in the fridge. If DH calls in an hour that he is on his way from his interview I will make stroganoff over noodles.

If he doesn't call, it will be sausage rolls and salad for Dad and I and I will fix something for DH when he gets home. The stroganoff will be for tomorrow then!

congrats. i am having fried chicken livers. maybe a baked potato(need to use them up. i get blood sugar up but can't keep it up. i don't feel very well, achy, maybe that is why.

Ah.. I had Corned beef and cabbage.. so tasty and easy.... Kroger(supermarket chain) had these wonderful young cabbages on sale.. I have not seen cabbages that tight inside for a while. Great flavor!! they also had corned beef brisket tips on sale..:chef:

Back
Top Bottom