"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
That's what I was thinking, too. I grow them every couple years and dry/grind them to make homemade cayenne pepper. I don't think I've ever eaten one fresh, although I don't see any reason why you couldn't.
I use the cayenne peppers that grow in the garden fresh. I also pull the plants and hang them to dry so I can grind them as needed.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's a tuna casserole kind of night.

Scratch that, it's a chicken casserole kind of night.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

I have leftover chicken from yesterday and a LOT of leftover veggies from the weekend, so I made pasta Primavera with chicken and lots of Parmesan cheese. Yum.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Made a carbonara with Italian sausage and Portabello mushrooms..wasn't bad. Not bad, at all...
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #35
Sous Chef

My chili turned into more of an Autumn Stew. I had some left over corn on the cob and a package of cubed butternut squash that I lost in the back of the fridge. I added that in with the meat and beans and viola.. Autumn Stew.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
Executive Chef

DH did the cooking tonight....well actually he prepared it for last night in anticipation of DD's and my arrival home from Las Vegas. I was thankful I didn't have to cook when we arrived home(an hour later than planned) we had the leftovers tonight.
He made baked cheese tortellini with a red meat sauce. He didn't say last night what the meat was......DD would have flipped out (she is not a big meat eater anyway). Tonight he asked me what I thought of his efforts and then admitted he used ground venison in the sauce. :/. It was okay, but could have used some more seasoning and maybe some Italian sausage mixed with it(venison is so lean)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
gather round fellow gastronauts,this is how the tale unfolds.i was seeking inspiration for tonights repast & stumbled upon a jar of preserved lemons that i had made last spring & forgotten about,ah hah,thought i,for i also remembered a long forgotten stewing pack of cheap cuts of lamb languishing in the dingy depths of my freezer,next to mr yamamoto...you remember mr y...the japanese soldier who didn't know the war had ended?..no?...anyway the thought of said two foodstuffs transported me to the exotic warmth of morocco & the equally exotic warmth of laila who i met under a star filled sky in the night market of marrakech.laila taught me a few things,steady in the ranks,including tagine cookery.so laila if you are reading this,in the words of rod stewart "think of me & try not to laugh" harry & laila's ras el hanout lamb tagine with jewelled giant saffron cous cous
Harry, I am not a fan of lamb, but that dish has me salivating! Yum, yum, yum! It's absolutely fabulous looking, I bet it tastes fantastic! I really appreciate your artful display of ingredients all ending in a crescendo of loveliness on a plate!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
Everymom

We had a boring but completely delicious dinner. Grilled striploin steaks with sauteed mushrooms, spinach salad and multicoloured rice. I made homemade sesame sauce to go with the steaks. I swear I could drink that stuff its so good. I might have had one too many glasses of wine. Oops.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
We had a boring but completely delicious dinner. Grilled striploin steaks with sauteed mushrooms, spinach salad and multicoloured rice. I made homemade sesame sauce to go with the steaks. I swear I could drink that stuff its so good. I might have had one too many glasses of wine. Oops.
It's not boring if it tastes delicious.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
gather round fellow gastronauts,this is how the tale unfolds.i was seeking inspiration for tonights repast & stumbled upon a jar of preserved lemons that i had made last spring & forgotten about,ah hah,thought i,for i also remembered a long forgotten stewing pack of cheap cuts of lamb languishing in the dingy depths of my freezer,next to mr yamamoto...you remember mr y...the japanese soldier who didn't know the war had ended?..no?...anyway the thought of said two foodstuffs transported me to the exotic warmth of morocco & the equally exotic warmth of laila who i met under a star filled sky in the night market of marrakech.laila taught me a few things,steady in the ranks,including tagine cookery.so laila if you are reading this,in the words of rod stewart "think of me & try not to laugh" harry & laila's ras el hanout lamb tagine with jewelled giant saffron cous cous
That looks so good. I need to learn to make that. Internet study here I come.

Tags
dinner