What's for dinner 10/29/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Last night while I was making the Brats In Beer, I made stuffed zucchini with ground sausage, onions and boxed cornbread stuffing mix, then stuffed the zucchini with the mixture and put them in the casserole on top of the rest of the sausage stuffing. I put the lid on it and put it in the fridge for today.

I'm thinking I'll just bake it all at the same time and then package up leftovers for the freezer. The zucchini was just the right size for the casserole dish, and one half with some extra stuffing will be plenty for dinner, then the other half and the rest of the sausage stuffing can be packaged up.

Goodie! No kitchen mess tonight.:chef:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

TGIF ... a bit cloudy right now, but 20 degrees cooler than yesterday's 70* temps.

Dinner will be grilled pork chops, smashed red potatoes with sour cream, and roasted carrots.

I have a ton of apples, so I'd like to make some applesauce to go with the pork chops ... I guess I was just thinking of Alice from the Brady Bunch ... lol.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Last night while I was making the Brats In Beer, I made stuffed zucchini with ground sausage, onions and boxed cornbread stuffing mix, then stuffed the zucchini with the mixture and put them in the casserole on top of the rest of the sausage stuffing. I put the lid on it and put it in the fridge for today.

I'm thinking I'll just bake it all at the same time and then package up leftovers for the freezer. The zucchini was just the right size for the casserole dish, and one half with some extra stuffing will be plenty for dinner, then the other half and the rest of the sausage stuffing can be packaged up.

Goodie! No kitchen mess tonight.:chef:

I was reading your post yesterday and was thoroughly impressed! I wish my dh liked zucchini. Go you!

Dh has a bunch of stuff going on tonight so I'm just picking up take out on the way home from work. Have you all seen the new chicken sandwich they have at KFC that's made on a sweet roll? I'm guessing it must be like a King's Hawaiian Bread type of roll... anyway, I was going to attempt to make that tonight but given all the goings on, that's what I'm picking up for us. No mess in my kitchen either! Wooooo!!

Probably chicken and dumplings. I'm not cooking tonight--we are going to our friends' house for dinner and a movie. Unless my ear gets worse. If it is still hurting by then, I may just put the nice warm chicken and dumplings in my ear. :blink:

:)Barbara

Thanks, SnickerDoodle. (I can't even write that withou snickering.) I love summer squash, but actually this is the first time I've stuffed it.

The cornbread stuffing with ground sausage, onions & garlic with or without some mixed vegs for color is a dish I made up when I had a craving for stuffing. Try it on your DH. It can be a one dish meal on it's own, that I often serve up with a packaged gravy mix.

Hey, it's okay to use cheats like jar gravy or packaged. The one I buy is really quite tasty, and comes in handy when I want gravy, but don't have drippings.

I've seen the KFC sandwich and there is a KFC near me, but unfortunately they use way too much salt for my taste and it wouldn't do my blood pressure any good either, DARN IT! It sure makes my mouth water.

Last edited:
Just Dad and I tonight and it is football night (double header). We had hot dogs on Wednesday and last night's meatloaf was really good, so I am thinking meatloaf sandwiches and fries in front of the TV! A round of rootbeer too of course!

It all sounds so good..I think we are going out to eat,,seafood night at Shoneys and Ray loves seafood....I'm not fond of buffets at all so I will just order from the menu...:cool:

I was going to have leftovers but the desk top computer keyboard is acting funky so DS is stopping on his way home from work to check it out. He'll stay for supper so now I have to cook. I don't mind paying that way for computer repair! I just took a chuck roast out of the freezer and will roast that. I know it won't be thawed but I've roasted them before from frozen without problems. I think we'll have alfredo noodles with it and probably green beans.

I've got a lot of cleaning and laundry done today so I think I will take it easy for supper and have taco salads. We still have some pumpkin pie, so that will be our dessert.

Steak and Eggs: Took a Tenderloin roast (or head of Tenderloin) seared it in a pan, Two eggs sunny side up and Breakfast is served or in this case dinner.

img_931375_0_224f47d4cc3b00cf7759928a2f94e07a.jpg

Last edited:
just finished a hunk of flat bread that i made yesterday with tons of egg salad on it. will have to see if i am hungry later. if so just going to have a frozen spinach soufflé. really tired today, didn't sleep well and tried to take a nap but no go. so lazy lazy day. also got a box of books i ordered from amazon . will keep me busy for awhile.

BTW, The zucchini stuffed with sausage stuffing turned out really good. The juices from cooking the stuffed zucchini on top of the stuffing changed the flavor of the stuffing in a good way, almost like a new spice.

We had mousaka. I used a Danish recipe and figured it was minus 3 for authenticity. I checked my Greek cookbook (I had forgotten that I had one.) and Googled mousaka recipes - surprise, surprise, it was fairly authentic and quite yummy.

Probably chicken and dumplings. I'm not cooking tonight--we are going to our friends' house for dinner and a movie. Unless my ear gets worse. If it is still hurting by then, I may just put the nice warm chicken and dumplings in my ear. :blink:

:)Barbara

:(Ear aches hurt! I'm sorry!

I had a long day at the computer at work and stopped off at the deli just as they were closing up. I was able to take the last of their baked chicken, all dark, off their hands for half price. Found a French Onion dip mix from Simply Organic and got some sour cream to mix with that and some Low Saly Ruffles. I sat and ate chicken, chips and dip until I cold only move my fingers.

The dip was great, not too salty and it tasted really fresh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom