What's for dinner? 10th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may change my mind a dozen times before then, but after having a couple days of junk, I am thinking about making chef's salads. :cool:

Boeuf Bourguignon (started on the stove top, and finished in the slow cooker), with broad egg noodles.

Looks like I'll be working late again so it will have to be baked beans on toast :( Darn it, I need real food or there may be scurvy in my future lol!

poached scottish salmon,salad & home made jersey royal potato salad
Sounds good--I did a search on jersey royal potato salad--there seem to be a lot of variations for how to dress the salad. Care to share your recipe for those of use used to North American potato salad?

Sounds good--I did a search on jersey royal potato salad--there seem to be a lot of variations for how to dress the salad. Care to share your recipe for those of use used to North American potato salad?
don't know if you guy's get jersey(or should it be joisey?!) royal's over there but they are a beautiful spud & have appellation controlee status that puts them in the same category as champagne.trust me,when they first hit the shelves over here champagne is cheaper....oy vey:LOL:!
firstly don't over cook your jersey,they should be firm,almost al dente.allow to cool but only to the point that they are still just above room temperature.then there are three ways of dressing(and no,whatever bro' bolas says "cross" isn't one of them!) that i like:
a) dressed with olive oil,squeeze of lemon,salt & pepper
b) mixed with halved firm boiled quails eggs,good mayonnaise,finely chopped torpedo shallots
c) mixed with good mayo,boiled petit pois,big squeeze of lemon,a little chopped dill
don't know if they are classics but i like them!
the actual potato variety is international kidney so if you can get the seed potatoes over there why not grow your own?.i have two potato growing bags outside my apartment with haulms just showing through & we always grow a couple of rows in bolas's vegetable plot
harry

Thanks, Harry. Those were basically the three variations I found. One had tomato slices mixed in (lemon EVOO dressing). I'll have to look for international kidney seed potatoes. We grow Russian Blues, a purple I bought this year (and have forgotten the name! I'll have to find the box), Norlands, Kennebecs, and Yukon Golds. Potatoes take up a lot of garden real estate, but we have plenty of space...we can always turn another patch if we need more space.

Thanks, Harry. Those were basically the three variations I found. One had tomato slices mixed in (lemon EVOO dressing). I'll have to look for international kidney seed potatoes. We grow Russian Blues, a purple I bought this year (and have forgotten the name! I'll have to find the box), Norlands, Kennebecs, and Yukon Golds. Potatoes take up a lot of garden real estate, but we have plenty of space...we can always turn another patch if we need more space.
hi cws
my pleasure:)! not sure about the tomato slice version,conflicting flavours & all that.another favourite of mine is a jamie oliver recipe which is almost a meal in itself.mix with cubes of ripe avocado,evoo,lots of lemon juice,salt,pepper,salad mustard & cress....winner!
only variety on your list that i have tried(or heard of for that matter!)is yukon gold,never seen the others over here.bolas,madge & i grow int/kidneys,charlotte,chopin,roosters,king edward & maris piper.that way we've got a mix of waxy,floury,early,mid & lates.
harry

Baked ziti, well was out of ziti, so I used rotini so I guess that it's baked rotini! Serving salad on the side.

Leftovers!

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom