"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #31
Executive Chef
As it turns out I do have part of the steak left, but I think my doggie has dibsies on it!

I first heard about twice baked potatoes (as a casserole) on ABC's Good Morning America, and read about individually stuffed potatoes from Elsie Bauer's cookbook Simply Recipes. She has two versions, one stuffed with cheddar cheese and bacon, the other stuffed with bleu cheese and chives. I had bleu cheese and green onions so I went with that.

Twice baked potatoes is a very popular recipe. I have these recipes plus another from Joy of Cooking cookbook by Rombaeur and Becker posted on my own website (in my own words to avoid copyright infringement). My website often hits #2 or #3 page ranks for my Thai recipes but the twice baked potato page doesn't show in even the top 100 ranks on Google.

I'm hesitant to post my recipes on DC because DC is so high traffic that my own page ranks get sucked into a black hole when I post my recipes here. In case anybody ever wondered...

Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #32
Executive Chef
Three (two for me) 6 ounce burgers fried in butter 2 3/4 minutes each side, under a grill press, and served on toasted sesame seed buns; topped with sliced onion, sliced tomato, and a mayo-horseradish-minced sweet pickle dressing.

justplainbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #33
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by Kylie1969

We make our own, but we still love Pizza Hut

What pizza did you get Chops?
We actually got the "big box". A pepperoni pizza, a green pepper pizza, bread sticks, and pizza rolls. I had a salad too! I like the pizza with peppers!
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
That sounds good to me!

I love pepperoni pizza

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote