What's for Dinner 13 November, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Careful Joe.......you have neighbors watching!;):ohmy:

It's bar food for me tonight. It's my bowling night. I'm thinking of making broccoli cheese soup for dh. Ds is working.

Barb

Congratulations LadyCook61!! May you have many more good years together!

Well that never materialized. I spent the evening at the ER with my mom. I made a grilled cheese sandwich when I got home at 3 am.

Herb roasted chicken with herb stuffing, garlic seasoned green peas, bakery bread sticks. For dessert we had DW's homemade chocolate chip cookies, and Stoneyfield Farms organic whole milk French vanilla yogurt.

Cooked ground meat, drained and added taco seasoning. Added chopped onion at the end, throw on to a tortilla then added refried beans, mexican rice, tomato, alvacado, lettuce, and cheese then topped with taco bell sauce.

Help! I want to make a potato dish for dinner that consists of a baking potato sliced crosswise, but not entirely - so it fans out - with butter, garlic, etc inserted between the slices. Does anyone remember the name or have the instructions? Thanks a bunch.

Help! I want to make a potato dish for dinner that consists of a baking potato sliced crosswise, but not entirely - so it fans out - with butter, garlic, etc inserted between the slices. Does anyone remember the name or have the instructions? Thanks a bunch.

That sounds a little like twice baked potatoes. The ones I've had had the halves separate though...

I made some sort of middle eastern boneless chicken thighs over basmati. I was like: 'meh'. Chicken thighs, onion, spices, sliced green olives, lemon in it's own sauce using broth.

When i was in school I used to buy a lot of off brand frozen veggies and pastas. They are pretty cheap usually. To save on things like bread and meat also buy the off brands, get more of whatever is on sale and freeze the bread and meat you wont use soon. I still keep bread in the freezer so it wont go bad (I dont eat a ton of bread) just take some slices out a few hours before you want some and they thaw out really well. Or toast them straight outta the freezer.

Stewing beef (cubed peices of beef) is inexpensive and is great for tacos or burritos, chilis, soups, and of course: Stews. I buy it often. Also canned beans saved my life, that and canned tuna. If you try and stay healthy just read the labels, I try not to get canned beans with added sugars or salts and tuna packed in water instead of oil. Canned soups are a good bulk buy too!!

Last edited:
Dale....we're not poor students but I've been in the UK and it is expensive to live there.......how about some of the soups and some of their wonderful homemade breads.......their cheddar is to die for..........get an apple to go with it........

I found the name of the potato dish - Hasselback potatoes. I made them a couple of nights ago and they were great except I let the bottoms get too done which made a stiff crust on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom