What's For Dinner 15th October?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having boneless pork loin chops with chimichurri sauce, some kind of taters, and some veg.

I have a "stir fry blend" of frozen vegis. Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-Asian dish to make with that?

taxlady said:
I have a "stir fry blend" of frozen vegis. Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-Asian dish to make with that?

Cheese sauce? Butter and garlic with toasted almonds?

Leftover broccoli soup, yogurt with homemade strawberry preserves here.

We used up a good portion of the leftover rotisserie beef in an asian pasta beef salad. The beef was very thinly sliced on our slicer and mixed with penne, vegis and dressing. Wonderful!:yum:

I'm beginning to think Monday is a perfect grocery shopping day. Two weeks in a rwo recently I came out with armloads of beef tip pkgs marked down from their "saturday Specials". Today I scored two pkgs of neatly arranged fresh chicken wings. Someone spent a lot of time making them all face the same direction in formataion. That was this morning. I clipped them all at the joints before putting them in the freezer, and there were enough tips (obviously) to put in a separate bag to save for stock. I just came in from outside carrying a small platter of grilled wings. I slathered them with Bone Suckin' BBQ sauce, nothing fancy. I suppose I should have arranged them in precision on my plate. Too late now.

Took some pulled pork out of the fridge.. simmered it in a little water for a few mins... Then poured in some mr yoshidas sauce.. have jasmin rice in the rice cooker.. and thats about it.. will get a healthy dose of sriracha on it.. nice and easy ..

Yummm

ForumRunner_20121015_202658.jpg

Now that looks really delicious !!

We're having my favorite frozen item from Trader Joe's tonight....."Manderan Orange Chicken". I always cut the wonderful sauce that's included, with fresh orange juice to stretch it further and make enough sauce to also go over steamed Jasmine rice. Adding some sliced spring onion and cashews on the top makes a wonderful meal with some sliced garden tomatoes on the side.

We are having boneless pork loin chops with chimichurri sauce, some kind of taters, and some veg.

So, it was "mixed veg amandine", which was a bit overcooked. I'll have to learn to get the timing right. Boiled the last two taters I got from CWS. Didn't want to do anything fancier, 'cause those taters are very tasty and doing anything fancy to them would be "gilding the lily".

The pork chops were cooked enough for Stirling's taste. I will try brining them next time. I would have found them too dry if it hadn't been for the chimichurri sauce.

The chimichurri sauce was good and it was interesting. It didn't taste very parsley, especially considering the amount of parsley in it. I might switch out the wine vinegar for cider vinegar next time or replace some of the vinegar with lemon juice. We ate almost all of it. Got the recipe from Steve Kroll. Here's the link: Chimichurri Recipe | Simply Recipes

IMG_3305.JPG

Back
Top Bottom