What's for Dinner 27 Dec 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who did you do that with, Whisk? That sounds like a nice idea for a close community.

Just close enough for comfort Pac. My DxW. We live 10 blocks apart by address, but with a lake added inbetween, it improves distance and makes life half-way tolerable (for both of us). :angel::LOL: In January, when the lake is frozen enough, we take short cuts across the lake to ea/ other's house.

Mayan tacos and Margs! :yum:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1388200453.506766.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1388200453.506766.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Oh right....the big yellow cans. I forgot about them. Shopping day tomorrow.:)
The lady on who took my phone order at Pharmaprix (Shopper's Drugmart outside of Quebec) said that Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup would be on special, starting tomorrow. They may have different specials in different provinces. You could check their online flyer. It asks for your postal code. Of course, if there is no Shopper's Drugmart near you, it's irrelevant.

The lady on who took my phone order at Pharmaprix (Shopper's Drugmart outside of Quebec) said that Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup would be on special, starting tomorrow. They may have different specials in different provinces. You could check their online flyer. It asks for your postal code. Of course, if there is no Shopper's Drugmart near you, it's irrelevant.

Thanks Taxy. Yes we are littered with Shoppers Drugmarts here. Almost as many as Timmy's. :LOL:

I'll pop over to their site and have a peek.

hmmm, maybe if you turned the suction cup thingies over... :ermm:
:LOL:
It looks great, but I'd have to substitute out the octopus. That is one fishy I have never been attracted to. Maybe shrimp or something else on the firm side :yum:
Please don't take offense, but that thing is really disgusting looking! LOL But at least it doesn't have shells to be removed.
ha!not the best looking of sea creatures,i'll grant you that:rolleyes:!!the guy on the fish counter in tesco said i'm the only person who ever buy's octopus.reminds me of the alien in,umm,"alien"!tell you what tho',it's one of the tastiest to be sure:yum:.flavour reminiscent of scallops & texture similar to cooked chicken thigh.mind you,even after freezing/defrosting to tenderise the beast,you still have to cook it for 90-120 mins.tough old bird the octo....solid muscle.good thing is tho',unlike turkey at this time o' year,there's no fighting over who gets a leg:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!

Last edited:
For Christmas, DH gave me a cookbook called "Soup of the Day," all about, you guessed it, soup! :mrgreen: And stew. So, using leftover steak and Hasselback potato from Christmas dinner, I made a steak and potato soup. It also has onions, celery, garlic, carrots, parsnips, beef broth and parsley, and I added a leftover cooked hamburger. Don'tcha love using up leftovers in soup? :) We also had leftover yeast rolls.

A before and after shot of my prime rib.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 143
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 131
For Christmas, DH gave me a cookbook called "Soup of the Day," all about, you guessed it, soup! :mrgreen: And stew. So, using leftover steak and Hasselback potato from Christmas dinner, I made a steak and potato soup. It also has onions, celery, garlic, carrots, parsnips, beef broth and parsley, and I added a leftover cooked hamburger. Don'tcha love using up leftovers in soup? :) We also had leftover yeast rolls.
How was it? Will you be posting your recipe or method?

I have actually never made soup from leftovers other than adding rice and pieces of chicken to chicken soup. I do love the idea of making soup from leftovers, but I need some instructions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom