What's for Dinner 27 Dec 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all! Amazing sounding (and looking!) post Christmas meals here. :yum:

Harry, the finished octopus dish looks pretty darn good, once I get past the little suction cup thingies...lol :ermm::huh::LOL: As always, I love your storytelling and step by step pics, and look forward to it. :)

salt and pepper, what a great looking venison dish. Looks really tender. :yum:

dawgluver, mayan tacos sound like something I would like - looks good!

pacanis...omgosh....that is one beauty of a roast! :ohmy:

I had a ham and provolone sandwich for dinner - other than a few pieces of ham left for omelettes or whatever, the leftovers are done. Yay!

How was it? Will you be posting your recipe or method?

I have actually never made soup from leftovers other than adding rice and pieces of chicken to chicken soup. I do love the idea of making soup from leftovers, but I need some instructions.

DH liked it; I couldn't taste it very well because I have some sensitivity in my mouth right now - part of why I haven't been feeling well the last several days.

Soup is the original leftover user-upper! ;-) Sure, I can rewrite and post the method.

DH liked it; I couldn't taste it very well because I have some sensitivity in my mouth right now - part of why I haven't been feeling well the last several days.

Soup is the original leftover user-upper! ;-) Sure, I can rewrite and post the method.
Thank you. :flowers:

Thanks Cheryl.

I don't think I've ever made soup that wasn't from leftovers :LOL:

Hi all! Amazing sounding (and looking!) post Christmas meals here. :yum:

Harry, the finished octopus dish looks pretty darn good, once I get past the little suction cup thingies...lol :ermm::huh::LOL: As always, I love your storytelling and step by step pics, and look forward to it.

salt and pepper, what a great looking venison dish. Looks really tender. :yum:

dawgluver, mayan tacos sound like something I would like - looks good!

pacanis...omgosh....that is one beauty of a roast! :ohmy:

I had a ham and provolone sandwich for dinner - other than a few pieces of ham left for omelettes or whatever, the leftovers are done. Yay!
CHEZZA! you're back(just c&p'd that from last night's dinner thread!!)the octo?absolutely deelish,mate:yum:.as i said in one of my replies,tastes like scallops or lobster,even.nice,firmish texture too & only £5/$7.50 per kilo...£2.50/$3.75 per ib...bargain;)!!

Hi, Harry...just been keepin' busy - got kind of caught up in the holidays what with 6 grandchildren and all - they keep me busy and feeling young! :LOL:
That's a low price for your octos, for sure....and if they do taste like scallops then I would for sure like them - I love, love, love scallops. :yum: Still think the little suction cup thingies are weird, though. lol :ermm::LOL:

Aaaargh....4:30 on Sunday AM is way too early to be up - gonna go back to bed. :)

Hi, Harry...just been keepin' busy - got kind of caught up in the holidays what with 6 grandchildren and all - they keep me busy and feeling young! :LOL:
That's a low price for your octos, for sure....and if they do taste like scallops then I would for sure like them - I love, love, love scallops. :yum: Still think the little suction cup thingies are weird, though. lol :ermm::LOL:

Aaaargh....4:30 on Sunday AM is way too early to be up - gonna go back to bed. :)
don't worry chezz,they won't stick to your tongue.won't have a chance,you'll be too busy chewin' & swallowin':yum:!!
i also make a black risotto with baby octo's or squid.use the contents of the ink sac to colour the dish.the startling white of the octo with red flecks of chilli looks beautiful against the black rice.tastes wonderful too:yum:!

Back
Top Bottom