What's for dinner 2nd Jan 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
My first time cooking as a 20 year old, and my first time experimenting with Quorn mince.

Never tried Quorn before, but I recently learned how it's high in protein and low in fat, and I need all the protein I can get at the moment. Hopefully I like it, and then I can buy the fillets to use instead of chicken breasts. I always wanted to be a vegetarian, but I just don't think I can do it.
Anyway, we'll see how my Quorn bolognese turns out tonight, you never know, I might be a convert! Fingers crossed it's a success with my family.

I got the buns and I got the burger, so I think I'll go with loose meat sandwiches tonight. I'll cook extra meat for quick tacos tomorrow.

SO and I are going to Red Robin tonight. Neither of us has ever been before. The chain is fairly new to the area and one opened about 10 minutes from here. Since I have a gift certificate, we decided to do that.

SO and I are going to Red Robin tonight. Neither of us has ever been before. The chain is fairly new to the area and one opened about 10 minutes from here. Since I have a gift certificate, we decided to do that.

give us a review. There is one in Dubuque, but when I get out there I'm usually looking for ethnicity I can't get here in Galena. But I'm curious anyway, one opened there a year or so ago.

I just started a pot of Brunswick stew. We'll have that and I'll grill some ham and Swiss on rye sandwiches to go with it. I subbed smoked turkey for the chicken this time since that is what I had in the freezer.

We're having nice big pork barbecue sandwiches using the pork we bought on our motorcycle ride on Saturday. I also took out a container of Baked Beans Quintet from the freezer to go with. Wonderful baked beans done the easy way. Glenn loves them and I do, too.

Of course, Christmas cookies for dessert...or a slice of fresh raspberry pie I made earlier today.

we had a veggie casserole with zucchini, carrots, cauliflower and some left over chicken, topped with a tomato-cream-sauce..

Crockpot slow roasted pork loin. Am thinking PF's Drunken Beans would give a nice additional Mexican flavor.

I have a whole chicken in the crock pot. I'll make a soup of it with some vegetable dumplings and baby spinach added. The leftover chicken will be bbq chicken sandwiches on some future day.

pan grilled pork loin chop. corn and maybe spinach. no dessert. tomorrow i will get a large quantity of frozen fruit with grocery order. they will be my dessert for a very long while.

We went to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo afternoon movie. I thought it was about a girl growing up in Sweden. Well, I got that part right, that is, She is Swedish and grown up.

I'm heating some beef stew and have veggie stix and beau monde dip and beet pickles on the side.

Last edited:
We went to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo afternoon movie. I thought it was about a girl growing up in Sweden. Well, I got that part right, that is, She is Swedish and grown up.

I'm heating some beef stew and have veggie stix and beau monde dip and beet pickles on the side.
We went yesterday--having read the books, I knew the story. I thought the writer did a great job of pulling the key pieces out of the novel to keep the story moving and to leave the "openings" should the other two books be made into films.

Andy, the Whiskey River chicken burger or beef burger are both hits at Red Robin. The milkshakes are fabulous too. Come back with your review.

Our dinner tonight is going to be beef ribs on the BBQ. They've been rubbed and they're waiting for their turn on the BBQ. We'll also have some quinoa I think and a big green salad. I've got a hankering for some steamed green beans too, so I'll maybe toss those with some chile flakes and some garlic butter and call it dinner. There is still enough chocolate in this house to kill about 10 diabetics and I can't in good conscience bake yet. HOWEVER...I got this chocolate magazine and there is a chocolate caramel tart in there that is calling my name. I really want to make that.

We went yesterday--having read the books, I knew the story. I thought the writer did a great job of pulling the key pieces out of the novel to keep the story moving and to leave the "openings" should the other two books be made into films.

Did you go to the movies to see this? I have the tattoo, fire and hornets nest in my Nexflix que.

Back
Top Bottom