What's for dinner? 3-12-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pic CG posted in the breakfast thread last week kept popping into my mind.. So.. I made us bacon, avocado and cheese omelettes for tonight's dinner.. Mixed in a bit of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for added flavor.. :yum:

Thank you CG.. :)

Bread pudding for later..

Ross

Last Night's Sausage & Peppers, Fried Idaho's and Buttered Corn with Hitch-Hikers....

Attachments

• Sausage & Peppers 3-2019.jpg
    Sausage & Peppers 3-2019.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 109
Have you used that new pot yet Addie? It weighs 15 lbs empty and I can't imagine you being able to handle it, certainly not without help. Didn't you say you got rid of your Cast Iron skillets because they were too heavy?
I'm curious who would give you such a gift.:huh:

No I haven't. I don't know what the two boys of mine were thinking. I can't even lift the lid off of that dang pan. I asked Spike what would be involved to return it to Walmart for a much smaller one. I will gladly pay any extra expenses. I love the color and have been wanting a much smaller version on this pot. But good grief kids. Are you trying to kill me early now that I am 80 y.o.? I have seen six year old kids with healthier arms than mine. All I could do at first was just to admire it with a smile. I did try to lift the lid off. That was good for a nice long belly laugh.

When they went shopping for my groceries last week, they bought a 12 pack of double rolls of toilet paper. I couldn't even lift that.

When I started to go downhill last year I was at 160 Pounds. I went down to 69 pounds by the time I got back in my own home minus one leg. I lost all my muscle mass in both my arms and one leg. The surgery was at the end of last July and my skin is finally starting to tighten up. Now to just develop some new muscle and tissue.... I don't know if I should be angry because they didn't put much thought into the purchase or just grateful with a smile.

Available immediately - Two grown men being put up for adoption.

Thanks for responding to my questions about your pot Addie. I was really curious about what your really thought of the 15 lb. CI pot. I have one that weighs more than that and it's kept on the top of the fridge. There's no way I would want to handle it without the help of the Souschef. No, they didn't put much thought into the "gift" and have your boys take it back and get something you can use.

Thanks for responding to my questions about your pot Addie. I was really curious about what your really thought of the 15 lb. CI pot. I have one that weighs more than that and it's kept on the top of the fridge. There's no way I would want to handle it without the help of the Souschef. No, they didn't put much thought into the "gift" and have your boys take it back and get something you can use.

Glad to pass the info on. Like cleaning, men simply do not really know what works in a home and what doesn't.

The other part of my gift are two HUGE oven mitts and three (?) pot holders. The mitts are big enough for a seven foot man to use and still have space left over. I only have two hands. So what do I need the third pot holder for? They are nice and thick. But I can't see myself doubling up on the one pot holder while I only use one on the other side.

Yeah. The pan is definitely going back. As I said, I can't even lift the lid off. So how the heck would I be able to pick up the pan full of food.

Since I came home after the surgery, all I have ever wanted was a lot of peace and quiet without any problems. How silly of me. I want to concentrate on learning to do the things I need to learn so I can have my total independence back. But Pirate and Spike are so busy trying to do everything for me, that it just creates more work in the wrong direction for me.

I don't believe that what kind of genitalia people have determines whether or not they are competent in the kitchen or at cleaning.

I believe it all comes down to childhood training. My kids all had chores. Even on Sunday morning. Either go to Sunday School, or clean your room. More often than not, they started out choosing Sunday School. Then Spike got smart. He realized he still had his room to clean. So forget Sunday School and clean the room. Then he could go out to play with his friends. But not until after I took a look in his room. He tried every trick. Hiding stuff under his bed. Jamming his clothes into the drawers, etc. Today he lives alone and keeps a spotless home. Just him and Teddy. Pirate had the same rules, but he had an older brother who taught him all the tricks. Then he got married at 19 y.o. and had a wife clean up after him. So today, I find myself going behind him and cleaning up what he missed.

I have a commercial dustpan with the broom. He tells me that he just swept the floor. Yeah. Sure. I will believe it when I see it. I grab the dustpan and broom and go into all the corners he missed. It drives him crazy, but he is learning what he should have learned as a kid.

The one job I do insist on doing myself are the dishes. He refuses to admit he should wear his glasses when doing them. It is much easier on both of us if I do it myself. And I need to learn how to stand on one leg for any length on time. He finally has learned to run his hand over the silver, dish, whatever and feel if he got all of it.

I think so, too. Cooking and cleaning are not related to gender. They need to be taught by the parents.
Ummm, no.

When I first moved out on my own, I couldn't cook a thing. After 2 days of frozen dinners, I decided that I didn't want to live like that, and figured out how to cook. I lived alone until I was 38, so I learned how to cook, clean, etc. on my own.

It's a lot easier now, because you can learn just about anything on YouTube.

Cooking and cleaning should still be taught at home. Sure, some of us learn it on our own, but some people don't learn it very well.

I was a father at 17 and worked 2 jobs to support my family. Second job was commercial cleaning, I'm used to sticking my hand down a toilet. I pitch in and do laundry and ALL the cooking. I load and unload the dish washer. I wasn't raised like that, my. Mum ran after me. But being a dad at 17 I grew up real quick. Our duties are around 50/50.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom