"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 06:08 AM   #21
Executive Chef

The pic CG posted in the breakfast thread last week kept popping into my mind.. So.. I made us bacon, avocado and cheese omelettes for tonight's dinner.. Mixed in a bit of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for added flavor..

Thank you CG..

Bread pudding for later..

Ross

Old 03-13-2019, 06:16 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Oh boy, that Krab Louie sounds wonderful Cheryl.

It's Taco Tuesday for us. I've done this cheesy shrimp taco recipe of Rick Bayless before and it's outa sight. https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/c...-shrimp-tacos/
The Mexican squash dish I made last night will be on the side with some pink Mexican rice.
This looks delicious, Kayelle.. I will adjust this for the two of us...

Ross

Old 03-13-2019, 07:18 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Last Night's Sausage & Peppers, Fried Idaho's and Buttered Corn with Hitch-Hikers....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sausage & Peppers 3-2019.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	33975  
Old 03-13-2019, 07:26 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Pasta carbonara with guanciale .
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:25 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
They must be good, cd. You keep pitching them.
Ahhh... Nolan Ryan...Pitching them. Very punny.

CD
Old 03-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Have you used that new pot yet Addie? It weighs 15 lbs empty and I can't imagine you being able to handle it, certainly not without help. Didn't you say you got rid of your Cast Iron skillets because they were too heavy?
I'm curious who would give you such a gift.
No I haven't. I don't know what the two boys of mine were thinking. I can't even lift the lid off of that dang pan. I asked Spike what would be involved to return it to Walmart for a much smaller one. I will gladly pay any extra expenses. I love the color and have been wanting a much smaller version on this pot. But good grief kids. Are you trying to kill me early now that I am 80 y.o.? I have seen six year old kids with healthier arms than mine. All I could do at first was just to admire it with a smile. I did try to lift the lid off. That was good for a nice long belly laugh.

When they went shopping for my groceries last week, they bought a 12 pack of double rolls of toilet paper. I couldn't even lift that.

When I started to go downhill last year I was at 160 Pounds. I went down to 69 pounds by the time I got back in my own home minus one leg. I lost all my muscle mass in both my arms and one leg. The surgery was at the end of last July and my skin is finally starting to tighten up. Now to just develop some new muscle and tissue.... I don't know if I should be angry because they didn't put much thought into the purchase or just grateful with a smile.

Available immediately - Two grown men being put up for adoption.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for responding to my questions about your pot Addie. I was really curious about what your really thought of the 15 lb. CI pot. I have one that weighs more than that and it's kept on the top of the fridge. There's no way I would want to handle it without the help of the Souschef. No, they didn't put much thought into the "gift" and have your boys take it back and get something you can use.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:35 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for responding to my questions about your pot Addie. I was really curious about what your really thought of the 15 lb. CI pot. I have one that weighs more than that and it's kept on the top of the fridge. There's no way I would want to handle it without the help of the Souschef. No, they didn't put much thought into the "gift" and have your boys take it back and get something you can use.
Glad to pass the info on. Like cleaning, men simply do not really know what works in a home and what doesn't.

The other part of my gift are two HUGE oven mitts and three (?) pot holders. The mitts are big enough for a seven foot man to use and still have space left over. I only have two hands. So what do I need the third pot holder for? They are nice and thick. But I can't see myself doubling up on the one pot holder while I only use one on the other side.

Yeah. The pan is definitely going back. As I said, I can't even lift the lid off. So how the heck would I be able to pick up the pan full of food.

Since I came home after the surgery, all I have ever wanted was a lot of peace and quiet without any problems. How silly of me. I want to concentrate on learning to do the things I need to learn so I can have my total independence back. But Pirate and Spike are so busy trying to do everything for me, that it just creates more work in the wrong direction for me.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:17 AM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Like cleaning, men simply do not really know what works in a home and what doesn't.
Excuse me?
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Excuse me?
Pick your battles..if women want to reign supreme in the cleaning department, by all means, let them....

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner