What's for Dinner 3-12-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This sounds really good CG!...
It is really good, Whiska. Really easy, too. Not much to tossing those few ingredients into the slow cooker, and even my kitchen-challenged Himself can make a mashed potato. However, if you like a colorful plate for supper, this one isn't it. Poor thing is three shades of beige. :LOL:

We just fixed burritos with refried beans topped with sautéed onions, cheese and sour cream. Nothing too fancy but still yummy!

Had the parents over for the day to do some painting. Cooked up Chicken Piccata, Steamed Asparagus, Sauteed red peppers, onions and mushrooms. For dessert blue berries, strawberries and blackberries in whipped cream.

I dredged the chicken in almond flour, so this was a good low carb meal. Used two sticks of butter...

Everyone loved it, I got so many compliments I was ready to hide in the closet. Mom says I make cooking look easy and everything came out at the right time.

I think I finally used the last of the recent freezer meatloaf....smothered it with sautéed mushrooms and scallions, with roasted sweet potato 'fries' and asparagus on the side. It was delish, and there's enough left for a mid morning breakfast tomorrow. :yum:

Fudge brownie ice cream comin' up. :)
Looks great, Cheryl! Lots of veggies, too.

Had the parents over for the day to do some painting. Cooked up Chicken Piccata, Steamed Asparagus, Sauteed red peppers, onions and mushrooms. For dessert blue berries, strawberries and blackberries in whipped cream.

I dredged the chicken in almond flour, so this was a good low carb meal. Used two sticks of butter...

Everyone loved it, I got so many compliments I was ready to hide in the closet. Mom says I make cooking look easy and everything came out at the right time.

Thanks for the idea of Chicken Piccata with almond flour! In fact, the whole meal sounds wonderful and very colorful! Hey, I'll help you paint for a meal like that!;)

Thanks for the idea of Chicken Piccata with almond flour! In fact, the whole meal sounds wonderful and very colorful! Hey, I'll help you paint for a meal like that!;)

It was very good and the almond flour put a nice crust on the chicken. Not much for thickening the sauce, although that was VERY good.I got to thinking about a picture after everyone's plate was a disaster. Dad even had seconds, something he never does.

Bring a brush and roller...I have the paint.:LOL:

That sounds wonderful, PF. Just curious, did you dredge the chicken dry or use something wet to help the almond flour adhere? I've had good success using the dry method for fish, but not so much with chicken. Much of the crust ends up remaining in the pan.

Sounds good, Princess. I haven't had Chicken Piccata in a long time. I love the inspiration I get from the daily dinner thread. :chef::yum:

That sounds wonderful, PF. Just curious, did you dredge the chicken dry or use something wet to help the almond flour adhere? I've had good success using the dry method for fish, but not so much with chicken. Much of the crust ends up remaining in the pan.

I used the moisture from the chicken, they were just thawed, and let them sit for 30 minutes to air dry before frying them. The flour stayed on the chicken.

It was very good and the almond flour put a nice crust on the chicken. Not much for thickening the sauce, although that was VERY good.I got to thinking about a picture after everyone's plate was a disaster. Dad even had seconds, something he never does.

Bring a brush and roller...I have the paint.:LOL:

PF, I bet I'm not the only one needing new pictures and redecorating colors for your new home. Hint, Hint..;)

PF, I bet I'm not the only one needing new pictures and redecorating colors for your new home. Hint, Hint..;)

LOL! I have lots of spackle patches. The hallway is the first thing painted, not too exciting. The paint looks like french vanilla ice cream ("Double Scoop", the kitchen and dining room will be a blue called "Blown Glass". I'm using Valspar paint. I'm only painting the vanity and linen closet doors in the bathroom. Will get pics as things get done. I get distracted too easily and bounce from project to project. I'm also planning my trellis' for my outdoor planting and impatiently waiting until I can get out in the yard. Mom and I got that stupid, ugly carpet off the front porch and found out the edges of the concrete is crumbling from 38 years of freeze thaw cycles...need to find out if I can repair it.

I do have curtains up in the living room, bedroom and dining room.

I spent a peaceful Sat night, solo, at a trail camp and had Sapporo Ichiban instant miso ramen garnished with egg, fried vegis, and sliced wieners.

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 136
Princess, I love the sound of your new paint colors! You've been busy. So fun to fix up a new home! :)

RF...looks like such a nice area, and California is getting so green right now. I'd love to throw some goodies on that screamin' hot grill and relax in the hammock. :)

RF...looks like such a nice area, and California is getting so green right now. I'd love to throw some goodies on that screamin' hot grill and relax in the hammock. :)

Yeah, they've been chopping down lots of dead trees due to the recent drought so there's plenty of free firewood there for the campers. On my next trip I'm leaving my cooking stove and fuel at home.....saving me a few precious grams off the weight of my pack....LOL... and just cook food in wrapped in foil over their wood stove. I'll even bake a potato.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom