What's for dinner? 3-18-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I just pulled some shrimp out of the freezer to thaw - as of now I'm thinking it will be Pad Thai for an early dinner this afternoon. I've been craving that for a while.

What's on everyone's plate? :chef:

I also pulled some shrimp out of the freezer to thaw. I'm trying a recipe I saw on one of the ATK/CC TV shows. Shrimp perloo. It's a shrimp and rice dish.

I went to lunch with a friend have half of an Asian chicken wrap left, so I'll have that and make a salad. DH is out playing golf and they'll go somewhere for dinner after that.

Andy, I'm always interested in shrimp dishes... please let us know how you liked the Shrimp Perloo recipe from ATK. :)

It's a little after 5:00PM and dinner's done, the kitchen is cleaned up and closed for the night (except for ice cream later...). Plenty of time to play outside for a while.

The Shrimp Pad Thai was sooo good, and there's enough leftover for tomorrow. :yum:

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Andy, I'm always interested in shrimp dishes... please let us know how you liked the Shrimp Perloo recipe from ATK. :)

It's a little after 5:00PM and dinner's done, the kitchen is cleaned up and closed for the night (except for ice cream later...). Plenty of time to play outside for a while.

The Shrimp Pad Thai was sooo good, and there's enough leftover for tomorrow. :yum:

That looks great Cheryl! Hold the peanuts on mine. ;)

I'm doing Asian wings on the grill tonight, and a grill basket of portabella wedges, red pepper, and sugar snap peas, marinated in TJ's Sweet Onion Bacon dressing. Tater tots for my man.
I made a haul at the 99cent store today on produce! Huge red bell peppers, 2 for a buck, the same with big portabella shrooms. Also a basket of Blueberries for the SC for a dollar, along with a double basket of strawberries. Total, $4.00:)

Last edited:
Thanks Kay, it's delicious and you can pick out the peanuts. Several of my family members would do that, too. :LOL: And what a deal from the dollar store! Ours doesn't have produce.

Thanks for the review of your shrimp dish and for the link, Andy - I'll need to register for CC, the recipe was blurred out. I've been intending to sign up for their site anyway. :)

Last edited:
Well, after my fish fiasco last night, tonight I made something a little easier. I took a half breast, salted it, and roasted it in the oven, after which I made a lemon-thyme sauce for it that turned out pretty good. Yes, I'm surprised.
o o
O

That's me being surprised.

Last edited:
Cheryl, your Pad Thai looks good. :yum:

Andy, I make chicken perlo a few times during cold weather. Glad you liked your shrimp one.

Aunt Bea, great minds and all...

We had fried cod from the deli, along with a few fried bay scallops. And some cabbage, except ours was mixed into mashed potatoes and sauteed onions and called it Colcannon. I made enough potatoes for leftovers; thinking of tossing in an egg and a bit of flour and turning them into potato patties.

Cheryl, your Pad Thai looks good. :yum:

Andy, I make chicken perlo a few times during cold weather. Glad you liked your shrimp one.

Aunt Bea, great minds and all...

We had fried cod from the deli, along with a few fried bay scallops. And some cabbage, except ours was mixed into mashed potatoes and sauteed onions and called it Colcannon. I made enough potatoes for leftovers; thinking of tossing in an egg and a bit of flour and turning them into potato patties.

The potato patties sound great! :yum:

You could also add some chicken stock or beer, cayenne pepper and cheddar cheese for a quick soup!

Leftovers are just ingredients without a purpose! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
You could also add some chicken stock or beer, cayenne pepper and cheddar cheese for a quick soup!
That's a really good idea, Aunt Bea. Maybe some other time, though. Right now my taste buds are set on patties. I've also been wanting an old-time comfort potato soup from a recipe I had in an old issue of The Mother Earth News. It's a quick and easy cheese-potato soup. The first cheese called for is "Longhorn", which is darned impossible to find around here, so I've been using cheddar. Sometimes we bring a chunk back with us after visiting the kids. Lo and behold, we found true Longhorn in the heavily Hispanic marketed store not too far from us! We'll be having potato-cheese soup soon. :yum:

Leftovers are just ingredients without a purpose!
LOVE that line, Aunt Bea! You should use it as your signature at the end of your posts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom