What's for dinner? 3-25-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Tyler will be here for dinner with me while my daughter and SIL have a much needed date night. :) We're having some of his favorites - roasted lemon/garlic chicken, steamed broccoli and carrots, and mashed potatoes. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert.

I just finished making everything, even though he won't be here until 5ish. We'll have more play time that way, and it will be easy to warm it all up. :)

What's on everyone's plate for this evening?

Last edited:
I made a new batch of Hot Sauce today but I will have chili dogs for dinner, no time to cook tonight. Oh no! Change of plans... some kind of fish, it's Good Friday!

img_1460274_0_0649fd0066f49a0dcca758187226d854.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the butcher this morning to pick up my Easter lamb and, lo and behold, saw fresh, locally raised rabbit in the display case. So for dinner I made one of my favorites, Lapin à la Moutarde.

Which leads me to wonder... is it sacrilegious to eat a bunny so close to Easter? :LOL:

img_1460278_0_03d62ad0691900c89240916f87decbef.jpg

Went to the butcher this morning to pick up my Easter lamb and, lo and behold, saw fresh, locally raised rabbit in the display case. So for dinner I made one of my favorites, Lapin à la Moutarde.

Which leads me to wonder... is it sacrilegious to eat a bunny so close to Easter? :LOL:

img_1460279_0_03d62ad0691900c89240916f87decbef.jpg

Maybe to the bunny! :LOL:
Looks good, Steve.

Daughter and SIL were here for dinner. Paella, spinach salad, and dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread. Wife made an apple crisp. Paella is a file photo.

Attachments

• Paella.jpg
    Paella.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 188

img_1460286_0_03d62ad0691900c89240916f87decbef.jpg

That picture looks so wrong but so delicious Steve! :LOL::bunny:

I haven't had rabbit since I was a kid.:yum:

Have fun with Tyler Cheryl!

Oh how I love some of that Paella 10speed!

The Sous Chef is making his wonderful Shrimp Egg Foo Young on our new griddle, and I'll make him some Jasmine rice.

Great looking rabbit Steve. I wound up with Lobster & Shrimp ravioli and shrimp over rice w/ cheese and dill...

img_1460289_0_8a53b99cd2bcf6d8424faff89427df9e.jpg

That's very close, K! I use Elise Bauer's recipe, but it's very similar...
Rabbit in Mustard Sauce Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com

The only deviation is that I also add about 6 ounces of wild mushrooms.

I guess I shouldn't be expecting an Easter Egg delivery on Sunday.
I'm thinking this little fella was NOT the Easter Bunny. He wasn't carrying a basket.

Speaking of the Easter Bunny, I'll add a story that may be only interesting to our family. I wouldn't blame anyone if you get bored and leave by the time I'm done.

Year.. 1970. Joey, first born son was about 5yrs.old. We had a bunny in a wonderful secure cage his Daddy built in the back yard. The female rabbit was named Whisky by Joey, and one day Whisky started building a nest and pulling hair acting very odd and much like a bunny expecting! Long before the internet, I called the vet asking what was going on. The Vet said she was having a false pregnancy, and just wanted to be a mom. The best way I could, I explained to Joey that she couldn't be a mom without a daddy rabbit. Without missing a beat, he said "the Easter Bunny was just here"!

Speaking of the Easter Bunny, ...
Year.. 1970. Joey, first born son was about 5yrs.old. We had a bunny in a wonderful secure cage his Daddy built in the back yard. The female rabbit was named Whisky by Joey, and one day Whisky started building a nest and pulling hair acting very odd and much like a bunny expecting! Long before the internet, I called the vet asking what was going on. The Vet said she was having a false pregnancy, and just wanted to be a mom. The best way I could, I explained to Joey that she couldn't be a mom without a daddy rabbit. Without missing a beat, he said "the Easter Bunny was just here"!

I hope you put extra candy in Joey's easter basket every year since. :LOL: Now, before the internet, what did our coffee hit without a screen as a target.

For dinner I baked a potato with a ladle of chili on top and some grated cheese.

Back
Top Bottom