What's for dinner? 4-2-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm putting together a black bean and red quinoa dish for a meatless protein meal. Added sauteed red, green, and orange bell peppers, carrots, jalapeno, onion, garlic, cilantro, and a few hefty shakes of cumin. Delish! I will probably have some sliced avocado on the side, if my avocado is still good. :)

The pre-rinsed quinoa is sooo good - not bitter at all. I made some extra to add to scrambled eggs in the morning. :yum:

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

I'm going to grill a couple of pieces of kielbasa and make some oven-roasted potatoes and a salad.

It's nice to cook on the grill when you don't have to run indoors between visits to the grill.

I think I'll finish off the leftover ribs I grilled the other night.
This is before they became leftovers ;)

Attachments

• ribs and potatoes on grill.jpg
    ribs and potatoes on grill.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 223
It's supposed to be Cassoulet but I have a bad case of the lazies. Himself brought in the mail, and included was a take-out menu for one of the Chinese restaurants around here that we have not tried yet. Was that a sign that I shouldn't cook? We'll see which side of me wins - lazy me gets take-out, cheap me makes Cassoulet. Then again, I could plan Cassoulet for supper tomorrow...

We had the inauthentic version of pasta carbonara. We prefer it. I make the sauce from eggs, wine, sour cream, and freshly grated parmesan.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Leftover cauliflower soup and a couple bites of a McDonald's Fillet o' Fish that DH brought home. He already ate one.

Long, busy day running errands in the "big city" and having lunch with my best friend. Before I left home I put supper in the crock-pot.

We had sauerkraut, onions, red potatoes and kielbasa. Iced tea to drink and lemon pudding for dessert. Easy peasy meal and yummy.

Katie, I always love reading your posts on the dinner threads. :) They are always so complete, right down to the iced tea (which I love), and what you are having for dessert. :yum: :)

Katie, I always love reading your posts on the dinner threads. :) They are always so complete, right down to the iced tea (which I love), and what you are having for dessert. :yum: :)

Thank you, Cheryl. If you ask my husband, he'll tell you that I'm a very thorough person. And...as for the iced tea, well, we do live in the south and that's a mandatory beverage. :LOL: Aside from the fact that both Glenn and I like iced tea.

Funny thing, though, a few nights ago Glenn and I were talking about how we grew up and how our mothers prepared our meals and made sure we had the most balanced diets possible.

Long before the "strive for 5" propaganda hit us, that's how I set up my menus.

I'm glad you enjoy my posts.

Lazy won, we lost. After we had some gyozo and a scallion pancake from the freezer stash, Himself ran out for carry-out shrimp egg foo yung and pork fried rice. Sadly, the a packaged fortune cookies were the best part of the meal. That'll teach me to skip cooking a day.

Oh, that's a shame your Chinese food was a disappointment, Goddess. :( Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose.

I hope you and Himself at least got promising fortunes in your cookies. :LOL:

A new produce market opened in our little town, which is great, because our lone grocery store leaves a lot to be desired in that area. They had Asian eggplant which made me think of Thai Curry, so I bought a couple and made myself Chicken Green Curry with eggplant for dinner tonight, DH doesn't care for curry, so I made him a chicken stir-fry. I had half a bulb of fennel in the fridge, I sliced it and used it in my curry.
It worked well!

Back
Top Bottom