What's for dinner? 4-20-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got all the fixin's handy, so this afternoon's dinner will be a loaded up tostada. Avocado on the side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

I'm in the middle of making a batch of Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages. That's what's for dinner tonight.

A stack of old music discs for 420 Day. Van Morrison, the Dead, Jim Morrison, Pink Floyd and my favorite-- Emmy Lou Harris.

Dinner- Chicken Quesadillas, Celery sticks and Taco Seasoned Sour Cream Dip. regrettably no M&M's.

A stack of old music discs for 420 Day. Van Morrison, the Dead, Jim Morrison, Pink Floyd and my favorite-- Emmy Lou Harris.

Dinner- Chicken Quesadillas, Celery sticks and Taco Seasoned Sour Cream Dip. regrettably no M&M's.

:LOL: Ahh, those were the days. :cool: No M&M's here either, but listening to some Van Morrison now as we speak.

I also liked the description by the author of her inspiration for this dish, how she and her brother smelt a suckling pig stuffed with fennel roasting on a spit somewhere in Italy. How they feasted on the meat, fat and fennel juices running down their chins.

I heated up some hamburger onion pie that I had frozen and thawed. It tastes wonderful. I love keeping a serving or two handy in the freezer.

Leftover ham from last night......thinking breakfast for dinner would be good. I sent a lot of it home with son and family. Our baby Cheyenne really liked Nana K's dinner too!

The most prized ham bone is safely stowed in the freezer for safe keeping.

Leftover ham from last night......thinking breakfast for dinner would be good. I sent a lot of it home with son and family. Our baby Cheyenne really liked Nana K's dinner too!

The most prized ham bone is safely stowed in the freezer for safe keeping.
I am looking forward to the split pea soup Kayelle makes with that ham bone. FYI Anderson's pea soup tastes like dishwater!

Well after another delicious dinner created from leftovers, I told Kayelle she should write a cookbook called "Recipes you will never have again" LOL

Souschef, Kayelle and I must use the same cookbook. Nothing I make is ever the same as the last time I made it.

Oh wait, Kayelle and I don't use cookbooks. Recipes are suggestions. Good reason we don't bake.

Well in our home the conversation goes something like this:
Honey that was delicious, can we have it again???
Kayelle: Well maybe something like it
We have charms around our wine glasses. me, being an engineer, has a cookbook charm. Kayelle, being Kayelle, has a pan as a charm because you never know what is going to be in it!

Last edited:
:LOL: This could be a disaster, all of us self proclaimed creative non-bakers verbally free-associating around the kitchen! Would make for an interesting cookbook!

Add me to the list of "everything-is-slightly-different-every-time". :ermm::LOL:

Wyshie....your dinner pics look fabulous. Are those onion rings in your second pic? :yum:

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening, I'm getting lots of ideas. Been in a rut.

Z...what is your hamburger onion pie...will you share a recipe or point me in the right direction if you already have it posted? Thank you in advance!

Three-day-old fish, bought fresh on Friday. Since we weren't related, it didn't smell. ;) Baked it in the oven with a couple of veggie friends: broccoli seasoned with Penzey's Greek seasoning, butternut squash dusted with Chinese Five Spice. Made a bag of seasoned long grain and wild rise.

I'm in the middle of making a batch of Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages. That's what's for dinner tonight.
A day late...and a dollar short?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom