What's for dinner? 5-20-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Fixin' to fire up the Weber and grill a few chicken thighs - one for this afternoon, and the rest for leftovers. :yum: I have some asparagus that needs using so will throw a few of those on the grill.

I made a small potato salad this morning so that will accompany, along with some tomatoes that have ripened up and need pickin'. :)

What's on your plate? :chef:

DH and I went out for lunch and split an Italian beef sandwich with some amazing sauces, and also ordered a cashew chicken salad. We primarily focused on the sammie, so we have cashew chicken salad for dinner.

We had organic wiener sausages and organic Toulouse sausages on the grill with potato salad on the side. Those were the tastiest Toulouse sausages I have ever had. They are usually kinda bland. I'm not sure grilling them was the best way to prep them. They shrank to about half the original size and were a little dry.

I used the leftover roast pork from Monday night and some homemade taco seasoning so we could have taco Wednesday. Some black bean and corn salsa, sour cream and scallions...

Fixin' to fire up the Weber and grill a few chicken thighs - one for this afternoon, and the rest for leftovers. :yum: I have some asparagus that needs using so will throw a few of those on the grill.

I made a small potato salad this morning so that will accompany, along with some tomatoes that have ripened up and need pickin'....

Yum. :yum:

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 185
Nice looking dinner, Cheryl.

Not feeling good today. Himself finished the last of the corned beef and veggies. All I've had today is one cup of Constant Comment tea, and a tub of Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries. Might have another cup of tea and a slice of bread, toasted, before heading to bed.

Nice, Cheryl!

Oh dear, CG, this is not good! Feel better soon!

Beautiful dinner Cheryl. Feel better CG!

We had well browned skinless chicken thighs smothered in a mushroom Marsala gravy served over chive mashed spuds, and steamed broccoli on the side.

Nothing here--but I did have pan-fried walleye with oven-roasted asparagus and a small arugula-red onion salad doused with a bacon emulsification around 4:30. It was delish! I tasted all the salads and mains around 2, held of to eat a "meal" until the end. I always save the best recipe for last. The other two eat the other three recipes and are too full to eat more!

My daughter took me out for supper and then to the theatre. We went to Belle Isle restaurant. They sell sea food fresh off the boats every day. My daughter had a Baked stuffed Haddock with scallops, and fried calamari rings.

I had a huge plate of fried clams with the bellies and a pile of onion rings done with batter. We both had cole slaw. No FF. I really surprised myself. I ate every last clam. The last time I ordered them at a different restaurant, I could hardly get through half of them. :angel:

Pork steak, sauerkraut, tomatoes & asparagus.

img_1422665_0_6ed242c4bd2f197b1cf409795212a4bc.jpg

My daughter took me out for supper and then to the theatre. We went to Belle Isle restaurant. They sell sea food fresh off the boats every day. My daughter had a Baked stuffed Haddock with scallops, and fried calamari rings.

I had a huge plate of fried clams with the bellies and a pile of onion rings done with batter. We both had cole slaw. No FF. I really surprised myself. I ate every last clam. The last time I ordered them at a different restaurant, I could hardly get through half of them. :angel:

Well, that's nice to hear! About time you got out and about.

Vege beef soup with barley from the freezer. I did make flan for desert tomorrow night though.

Back
Top Bottom