What's for dinner? 5-30-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm fixin' to fire up the Weber and grill a tri tip. The wind is starting to come up (of course :rolleyes::LOL:) but I think the patio is protected enough.

Will probably have asparagus for a side, and some watermelon.

What will be on your plate? :chef:

We did the same. Fired up our Weber Baby-Q and grilled some baby back ribs with a side of green beans with bacon and onions. A side salad of field greens also.:yum:

We did the same. Fired up our Weber Baby-Q and grilled some baby back ribs with a side of green beans with bacon and onions. A side salad of field greens also.:yum:

Sounds delicious, and welcome to Discuss Cooking, Markus!

Went to Fairway and couldn't resist Prime cut boneless sirloin steak and a baguette.

So dinner was grilled on stove top cast iron grill pan sliced sirloin (on buttered and toasted on pan) baguette sandwich, tossed spring mix salad and grill pan zucchini & scallions.

steak_sandwich_salad_grilled_veggies_053019_IMG_5853.jpg

That looks good, msm. :yum:

Hi and Welcome to DC, Markus-O. Glad to have you aboard.

I moved a pork tenderloin from the freezer to the fridge before I went to bed. It's defrosted enough (actually perfectly if I want to slice it into medallions), but I'm not feeling it tonight. Might dream something up, or just resort to leftovers from our little Memorial Day cookout.

Haven't been cooking much this week, (bronchitis), Tonight it's panini chicken breast w/ broccoli, & taters...

I'm fixin' to fire up the Weber and grill a tri tip. The wind is starting to come up (of course :rolleyes::LOL:) but I think the patio is protected enough.

Will probably have asparagus for a side, and some watermelon.

What will be on your plate? :chef:

Kind of a messy pic, but pretty darned good. I grabbed a package of onion buns when I bought the tri tip, and used half of one onion bun to sop up all those lovely juices. Looking forward to thinly sliced tri tip leftovers for sandwiches. :yum:

Attachments

• grilled tri tip and asparagus.jpg
    grilled tri tip and asparagus.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
We ordered Chinese. The Hunan beef was spectacular. The bbq pork almond ding was quite good. We barely touched the mixed vegis, because there were loads of vegis in the other two dishes. w00t, I have vegis that just need to be nuked to go with another meal. I don't know how it happens. When we don't order a separate dish of vegis, we always seem to get dishes that have very little veg. Order vegis separately and bingo, loads of veg in the other dishes.

I poached several chicken breasts the other day and used 1.5 of them to make a Thai-inspired chicken pasta salad with peanut sauce and lots of veggies. There are two giant rainbow chard leaves from the garden in there, along with a load of bell peppers, cucumbers and carrots.
0530192038a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom