"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What's For Dinner 9/12/10

I'm taking leftover chili from the freezer and morphing it into what I call chili dogs. Since the meat seems to get less and less in my left overs, I slice up some Bar-S smoked sausages and heat them with the chili, simmering for about 15 minutes to get the sausages heated through. It's ready when the sausage slices get plumped up.

I'll serve it over onion rice: One package onion soup mix uses 4 cups water so that means 2 cups rice, no additional salt needed. Leftovers are packaged in zip baggies and frozen.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Master Chef

As of now it will be homemade meat sauce and store bought fresh Buitoni Mini Raviolis, salad & possibly fresh herb focaccia bread.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Boneless pork chops stuffed with spinach and feta, some starch or other for me, garden veggies and freshly made apple squares and vanilla ice cream.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Today we had a splendid chicken roast, which Jill my 13 yo made for us all. Turned out lovely. She's wonderful like that. :)
Old 09-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Hello friends,

Football will be on the TV today . . . GO GIANTS!

So dinner will be a big pot of chili (no beans), rice, jalepeno cornbread and hot dogs for the kids.

HAGD!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I tossed some prok ribs into the baby crock pot with some BBQ sauce. I'll shred the pork and we wil have it on buger buns with slaw and beans on the side.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Admiral of the Texas Navy

40 clove chicken
green beans with new potatoes
bread pudding with chocolate and cinnamon.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
We had a huge breakfast and, then, a nice ride on the Harley. Late and big lunch, so we'll reprise the white beans and ham and cornbread from last night, but add a green salad with red onions, pimentos, artichokes and grated Parmesan. Dessert...maybe. There's still plenty of walnut cake left.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
Master Chef

I have never tried 40 clove garlic chicken. I am wondering whats the attraction? Just curious. I love and use lots of garlic all the time but 40 cloves?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Master Chef

4 cheese Mini Raviolis topped with meat & mushroom gravy (onions, garlic & sliced mushrooms sautéed in EVOO, shredded leftover pot roast, chopped fresh herbs – oregano, rosemary, thyme & basil, plain unseasoned tomato sauce, salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes & burgundy wine), fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and side is 7 lettuces & baby spinach salad (tossed with EVOO, red wine vinegar, Maggi seasoning, salt, ground pepper & spices) topped with McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme & roasted & salted slivered almonds.