Whats for dinner April 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jpmcgrew said:
:) Hey Luvs,What kind of vegie burger? Theres different kinds soy,bean or what?

was thinking of a black bean burger, couldn't have one, i'm too much a fan of real meat, so i went with fish instead.:LOL:

pdswife, sorry i'm late getting back. got a suggestion in case you didn't cook them last night.

now, veal cube steaks? do you mean pounded out and semi perforated?
why would anyone do that to veal, it's tender already.

ok, well, if it's like a scallopini, i would make a gratinata of veal.

4 thin veal steaks (scallopini)
1 eggplant or zucchini
1 large tomato (optional)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
7 or 8 fresh sage leaves
evoo and butter
s&p
flour

s&p, flour, and lightly brown the veal scallopini in a few tbsps each of evoo and butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
when browned, remove and set aside. next flour and brown a few slices (long bias) of eggplant or zucchini. remove and set aside. if necessary, add more butter and evoo.
add 7 or 8 while fresh sage leaves, cook for a few seconds in remaining oil, then deglaze the pan with about a cup of white wine, scraping up the fond.
bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, then place the veal back in the pan, fishing out and placing a wilted sage leaf on top of each scallopini.
place a thin slice or two of tomato on top of each (optional).
then top with slices of eggplant or zucchini, trying not to overlap.
carefully sprinkle a tbsp of grated parmesan on top of each scallopini/veggie stack, trying not to get it in the sauce.
add a few more pinches of butter scattered around the pan, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
plate the veal, reduce remaining sauce if necessary and drizzle over and around stacks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom