What's For Dinner April 9, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a rainy dismal day here.

I'm defrosting a small chicken to roast for dinner tonight. I'm making brown rice pilaf and asparagus to go along with it.

But first, a relaxing cocktail to welcome the weekend when SO gets home tonight.

Later in the evening, it's Red Sox baseball time!

Blue Jays are playing Baltimore on TV right now. Dad's got it on and I keep sneaking in to see how they are doing. But I have to admit when I am not cheering for them...or the Mariners (been down to a few games in Seattle) I cheer for the Red Sox!

I have five pounds of ground that i am making into oriental meatballs for a potluck on the weekend so I think I will save some back for burgers tonight - it is just Dad and I.

I'm Lovin' It

It's a rainy dismal day here.

I'm defrosting a small chicken to roast for dinner tonight. I'm making brown rice pilaf and asparagus to go along with it.

But first, a relaxing cocktail to welcome the weekend when SO gets home tonight.

I'm thinking I'm coming over!! Or at least steal the idea and borrow it as my own.:angel:

Well gang this is my first meal since Easter and I'm taking my time, but it feels good to be on my feet and cooking again.We are having a roast that I covered with an herb paste, potatoe patties with bacon in them, asparagus and fruit salad. no dessert tonight I'm still sore and think I've done enough.
kades

Clean out the fridge tonight. There are bits of lots of things. Pork, a bit of turkey, some salad, soup, rice, pasta, etc etc.

thawed out some cooked roasted chicken in pieces. was for chicken tacos. doesn't sound good to me now. actually nothing sounds good to me these days. grilled cheese and soup i think. breathing problems = loss of appetite.

Kathleen found a recipe for a childhood favorite... Spanish dogs from Pop's Root Beer stand. Had some fries with it.

thawed out some cooked roasted chicken in pieces. was for chicken tacos. doesn't sound good to me now. actually nothing sounds good to me these days. grilled cheese and soup i think. breathing problems = loss of appetite.

ordered a papa john's pizza. through an order mix-up i got it free as well as free dessert. they really goofed. ate one piece, it was ok.

We had whole wheat fettuccine with sauteed garlic, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and asparagus.

I made cornmeal, baked chicken with mexican rice.

img_889312_0_79192d75eae26d96d3fa3d93d2871e25.jpg

img_889312_1_7eec800f5b15877919f1c90cf3db02e0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom