What's for dinner, August 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I'd get the midnight delight or the cheesecake, though I've never had either of them. The names sound good to me!

I'm getting too fat, I'll skip dessert...I recommend you pass on all of them :(

I'm having Mushroom Pork Marsala tonight with buttered linguine and a green salad.

Then I'll have dessert :ROFLMAO:

Have Cade and Carson today,plus am doing a salad, dessert and appy for a party at my daughters tomorrow, soooo Our dinner is going to be just bacon, tomato,avocado and lettcue on some soft french rolls, potato salad and melon.

kadesma:)

It's our 38th wedding anniversary today -- oh, btw, I was a child bride.

Anyhoo, we're going to grill an as yet undetermined type of steak, probably a Porterhouse or NY strip, and either grill small, skewered potatoes brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and fresh pepper or bake a russet. The veggie du jour will be whatever looks best at the market, but I'm hoping it will be asparagus to throw on the grill as well.

Dessert? Good question.

Wine? Something old and red from our little cellar.

We have lots of fresh garden veggies right now so I made my daughters favorite summer dish - We call it veggie gumbo. I put in fresh corn, tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers, okra, a little Old bay and some salt and pepper and then add rice. We also had a smoked sausage with slaw.

Champagne and raspberries.:) It's National Champagne Day and it only comes around once a year!

Unless Bob objects too hard we are having Cava, smoked salmon and wasabi caviar appy's, truffled risotto, melon & fruit with some Stilton. :):)

Ok the amended menu was grilled chicken, grilled pineapple, steamed potatoes carrots and green beans, biscuits, and A Cheesecake named Desire cake from Cold Stone. Today was a good day!

we took a ride down the shore to point pleasant today, so we stopped at spikes fish store and restaurant and had an early dinner before hitting the beach and boardwalk.

we had softshell crab sammiches, lobster bisque and lobster rolls. the softshells were good, the bisque really good, but the lobster rolls sucked. too much bay seasoning so you couldn't taste any lobster, and i'm pretty sure there was a good 30% imitation crab meat in the mix. or they just used very stringy lobster. :rolleyes: :(

and now i'm hungry again, so i'm debating my options. midnight in nyc on a friday still has some good options. sushi, chinese, greek diner, burgers, pizza, hmmm. i dunno what i want.

We had a buckytom recomendation for dinner tonight.
I stuffed some chicken breasts with pesto, goat cheese, spinach & mushrooms. I browned them in a skillet and since I had more than enough mushrooms, I tossed them in some lemon juice and threw them in the skillet before I finished the chicks in the oven. We had rice with it, and boy was my dinner good tonight. Thanks Tom! Dessert was trying to make my double choc torte but I bailed out on it after Callum refused to go to sleep quickly. Now I'm having tea & chocolate.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have been too hard, but unexptected company showed up to interrupt our romantic dinner. Schwanns 3 cheese enchiladas and a big green salad! T

crewsk said:
chocolate peanut butter pie.
Would you just happen to have a recipe for that please? I make a Frozen Peanut Butter Pie that I like, but that sounds good too....

bjcotton said:
Would you just happen to have a recipe for that please? I make a Frozen Peanut Butter Pie that I like, but that sounds good too....

Have you posted that somewhere? Hmmmmmm. Have ya? Have ya? :pig: See Sharon beg and whine for Frozen Peanut Butter Pie!!!!!!!!!:angel:

corazon90 said:
We had a buckytom recomendation for dinner tonight.
I stuffed some chicken breasts with pesto, goat cheese, spinach & mushrooms. I browned them in a skillet and since I had more than enough mushrooms, I tossed them in some lemon juice and threw them in the skillet before I finished the chicks in the oven. We had rice with it, and boy was my dinner good tonight. Thanks Tom! Dessert was trying to make my double choc torte but I bailed out on it after Callum refused to go to sleep quickly. Now I'm having tea & chocolate.

can i come next time?? it sounds deelish cora.

whenever i take in a lot of spinach from the garden, everything gets stuffed from pork chops, to chicken, to veal breasts; usually mixed with some combo of cheese, mushrooms, nuts, seafood, or even dried fruits.

do you like meaty rollups, like pork brasciole. another type of stuffed food. i'm gonna make it this week, will post a recipe if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom