What's for dinner (besides Turkey!) Thursday November 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well I guess all of our American members are too busy with family and cooking their Thanksgiving meals to post what they are!

I had a nice meal of my oven BBQ'd ribs with baked potatoes, corn and salad planned but DH got called into work so I am not sure what to have for dinner for Dad and I.

What are you all having (including all those turkey dinners!) tonight?

Kim (DH) fried 2 turkeys, one spicy, one herby; oyster dressing; dirty rice; mashed potatoes; green bean casserole; broccoli casserole; cheesy corn casserole; honey-glazed carrots; Killer baked beans; hot rolls;pumpkin mini-muffins; apple cinnamon jello; sugar-free fruit dessert; triple layer chocolate pie; pumpkin pie; apple-crumb pie; cherry crumb pie; plenty of Cool Whip; sweet tea; assorted sodas; apple cider; and finally, milk!

Does that sound like enough for 13 people?

I spared the turkey. Instead, I'm making spring rolls, black bean enchiladas, pan fried noodles, and I've already eaten way too much baco dip and nacho sauce. For dessert we have pumpkin pie, margarita cup cakes and bananas in coconut milk. It's just the five of us, but we could fed an army.

dinner is at my granddaughters house. i was all set and looking forward to the meal.then old mr. flu bug reared his ugly head. i felt bad last couple days and full blown by last night. i hope this is swine flue so i can't catch it again. saige's parents will bring me a plate. hope i can eat it. only had juice and a banana in three days. so i am thankful it is not worse.

Mark's family is in Oregon for the holiday, so it's just the two of us. We are going to a restaurant in Port Orchard, WA for Thanksgiving dinner. It's kind of a crappy day, but the food should be good. We ate there last year on the way to a bed & breakfast we stayed at in Belfair, WA. Selah Inn | Home
It was a lovely place, but I think it's better to go when the weather cooperates!

I'll make sure to take a picture of dinner.

Kim (DH) fried 2 turkeys, one spicy, one herby; oyster dressing; dirty rice; mashed potatoes; green bean casserole; broccoli casserole; cheesy corn casserole; honey-glazed carrots; Killer baked beans; hot rolls;pumpkin mini-muffins; apple cinnamon jello; sugar-free fruit dessert; triple layer chocolate pie; pumpkin pie; apple-crumb pie; cherry crumb pie; plenty of Cool Whip; sweet tea; assorted sodas; apple cider; and finally, milk!

Does that sound like enough for 13 people?

I think it sounds like just enough for 14, Connie! ;) Set out my plate, I am on my way!

dinner is at my granddaughters house. i was all set and looking forward to the meal.then old mr. flu bug reared his ugly head. i felt bad last couple days and full blown by last night. i hope this is swine flue so i can't catch it again. saige's parents will bring me a plate. hope i can eat it. only had juice and a banana in three days. so i am thankful it is not worse.

Babe, you take good care of yourself. At the very least try and get some more fluids into you. I guess I will wish you a Healthy Thanksgiving!

alix i cant believe it rained so much! the roads are going to be treacherous tonight and tommorow be careful!
as for me I went to the italian market so im having an awesome sandwich with some garlic ciabatta as well as some asiago cheese

Well we opted for no Turkey this year.

We had
Lamb basted in garlic and herbs.
Two Orange glaze ducks
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Creamed Corn
Deviled Eggs
Scalloped Potato's
Candied Yams
Apple Pie
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin spice pie
Pumpkin pie
Fresh sourdough bread

Pretty much there was something for everyone and lots of yummy leftovers for tomorrow. :chef: I have to say its the first time we have cooked Lamb and Duck and they came out perfectly! :clap:

We had turkey, dressing with gravy, scalloped potatoes, squash casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, pumpkin and pecan pies. We had 13 eating and very little left overs after two meals. We have the main one at noon and then pull everything out for a repeat in the evening. The kids baked some frozen pizzas to fill out the leftovers.

What's for dinner (besides Turkey!) Thursday November 26th?

Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
Buttered Corn
Lemon Pepper Green Beans
Cauliflower
Buttered Yeast Rolls
Cranberry Relish
Pumpkin Cheese Cake Pie
Chocolate Cheese Cake Pie
Sparkling Grape Fake Champagne

Began w/ endive boats filled with shrimp and peas with a taragon ceasar sauce. Asapagus with a dipping sauce. Brie with pesto. Butternut squash soup, pastured turkey (Simon), with an herb butter rub, reg mashed plus dauphinoise sweet potatoes with nutmeg, panko and parmesan, jardiniere veg, sauted cabbage and fennel with panceta, sausage wild rice pecan dressing and oyster dressing, homemade gravy from homemade stock, pumpkin and mince pies made by sis and a friend, yeast rolls from my baker friend down the road a bit.

It is a lot for 9 people, but I like the leftovers, I like making soup, and I had the best couple of days pepping for this and cooking.

Hope everyone else had a great day and a fine meal too! now gotta go clean the range.

We started with bread sticks wrapped in brown sugar and black pepper
bacon then cooked for 20 min in a 400 oven. a crab artichoke dip with tosted baguette, marinated olives baked in the oven..Dinner was ham and prime rib, ravioli, mashed potatoes gravy, homemade stuffing,homemade cranberry relish, au jus, rolls, foccacia, napa cabbage salad, green beans with garlic and bacon, pumpkin pie, vanilla bundt cake drizzled with chocolate, and a chocolate pie I made using crushed snicker doodles for the crust...All topped with fresh whipped cream if desired.
kadesma

Last edited:
Roast lamb with rosemary and garlic; wild rice; much mushrooms gravy; roasted asparagus with hollandaise sauce; rolls.
Snaked on a crudite tray with dip earlier, baked some white chocolate macadamia
cookies for dessert. Ate too many cookies, will eat another before bedtime, LOL!

Roast lamb with rosemary and garlic; wild rice; much mushrooms gravy; roasted asparagus with hollandaise sauce; rolls.
Snaked on a crudite tray with dip earlier, baked some white chocolate macadamia
cookies for dessert. Ate too many cookies, will eat another before bedtime, LOL!
You supper sounds just wonderful.
kadesma:)

This was our turkey dinner. Uggh... I had to lay on the couch when we got home! :pig: :glare:
img_863520_0_1a539dddf21050926967acf346cbfb23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom