What's for dinner Christmas Eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I'll bite ... What is "Elf Slop"? I would think to keep their energy up, elves would be eating pretty well right now ... :)

I was thinking just the opposite. Come Christmas Eve their work is done.
Maybe Santa locks them in the basement for another year and feeds them slop?
Now the reindeer on the other hand...

;)

You just don't want to know :cry:

Just do what Buddy Elf does and put lots of maple syrup on it and eat it,

Sometimes its just best not to know whats there, thats why they use to eat in the dark on ships :dizzy:

I have 30 clove garlic chicken in the crockpot (thanks for recipe LT)! Not sure what we will have with it, probably a salad and some kind of potatoes. Lots still to do for tomorrow even tho it is just the two of us. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!

Last edited:
Dinner tonight was a couple of slices (the ends) of the tenderloin roast. Perfectly rare. I had some creamy, cheesy spinach for a side.

David Rosengarten's crab cake recipe and a salad of just picked lettuces.

Craig

Finger food. My wife went to the deli counter at Gelson's to pick up some last minute items. We're expecting a few people over. It's been a pretty warm day here so we'll probably spill out into the patio.
I'm still at work.

It was pretty warm here, too. And the sun was even out. I am loving this winter so far... as long as it doesn't carry over past March. But that's another thread...

I just mixed up my vinegar, beer and water, cut the box open, peeled open some brown paper grocery bags I asked for the other day, got my fiberglass mallet out of my toolbox (couldn't find my wooden kitchen mallet), put some small potatoes onto the steamer basket, found something on the telly that will keep me interested while eating, fed the dogs... cracked a beer... nothing left to do now but get started on things. Maybe I'll crack another beer.

Pork scalopini with butter lemon sauce. Spaghettini with garlic and olive oil, green beans..

I went with Pork Picatta.....Merry Christmas, everybody!!!

Attachments

• DSC00188.jpg
    DSC00188.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 214
Rellanos Pescado. An assortment of fresh seafood rolled in a fresh fish fillet, baked in foil with butter, cream, herbs and spices. Muy, muy bueno!

Felice Navidad!

Tortiere with a crisp salad & a beer. Chocolate & banana French toast in the morning. Can't wait!

PPPC wk-16, Baltimore, Maryland.
Blue crabs :chef:
'nuff said.

Attachments

• PPPC wk-16 Baltimore crab feast.jpg
    PPPC wk-16 Baltimore crab feast.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 191
I made the full Christmas Eve spread. Pickled Herring and rye bread for me as an appy (no one else likes it), then beet soup with mushrooms, fried haddock, potato and onion pierogi, peas, green beans, coleslaw, and a bottle of white wine. Dessert was cherry pie.

I like to say home of the former Browns, Vit :LOL:

Thanks, Andy, Vit. they were pretty good.
My hands are still fishy though... not sure what's up with that. I even washed them in lemon juice. Worth it though. Ripping into these things wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
If only I had Demi sitting across from me like Tom did! :w00t2:

It was supposed to be pan seared duck breast.

SO is on her way to Florida and she hates duck so this was going to be my chance to have duck. Two supermarkets didn't have duck in stock.

Dinner tonight will be country-style pork ribs marinated in a chipotle marinade.

Ouch.. sorry to hear that Andy.

Your alternate does not sound bad..

Stuffed clams, fried cod (1/2 was done with tempura batter and 1/2 was done with flour & cornmeal dredge), steamed Brussels sprouts and tater tots served with malt vinegar, hot sauce, lemon and homemade tartar sauce.

img_1087491_0_21bcc12c7973e8fa2f8292e5432d01de.jpg

Back
Top Bottom