What's for dinner Christmas Eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We're having beef stir fry with udon noodles today. With all that is going on around here today I figure I'd better plan on fast and easy or I'm hooped!

bone in pork roast, root veg, potatoes au gratin, sauteed chard

Christmas with sis at friends at the beach.

A take away. Saving my energy for tomorrow. Plus I had a long night out at a work christmas do last night, and perhaps had a little too much to drink. No hangover, but I have the cuts and bruises to prove it! Definitely sore today.

Lots of stuff going on in the kitchen but all of it is for tomorrow. We'll probably get Chinese take out or something.

It was supposed to be pan seared duck breast.

SO is on her way to Florida and she hates duck so this was going to be my chance to have duck. Two supermarkets didn't have duck in stock.

Dinner tonight will be country-style pork ribs marinated in a chipotle marinade.

I'm having at the last of my prime rib. I'll give it a couple flips on the grill to warm it through, set it on some garlic toast and pour the au jus all over it. As a matter of fact, I may have just talked myself into that for lunch.

Combo #1 - Chicken Teriyaki with steamed vegetables and fried rice. Delivered by a nice Asian man who is always very grateful for the business. He gets a nice tip!

DH and I will be having a snack and then heading to the Candle light service at church. I will get Dad's dinner before we go - veal scallopini with mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed vegetables.

I am not sure if we will then eat out or I will make something when we get home. The tradition was always Chinese food but with all our food limitations I can only do homemade and as with others, my kitchen will be busy with tomorrow prep.

I am making a pizza and a couple of cocktails!

I'll leave a slice and a cocktail out for Santa!

He'll probably wake me up singing whiskey for my elves and beer for my reindeer!

Good thing I'm usually his last stop!

I like Bea's style. We still leave milk and cookies. silly, but it's always gone by the morning.

Tonight we are having beef stroganoff and I am making popovers, steamed carrots and an arugula / spinach salad. Christmas cookies for the evening. I have carols cranked up on the stereo and am about to head out.

Merry Christmas Everyone !! :santa:

I have finally decided on what's going on the "hot" table--Swedish meatballs, Janssen's Temptation, and red cabbage. I will have everything ready for when we get back from the movie. While we eat our way through the cold table, the hot stuff can cook.

Cocktails.......
Fresh Catfish, Swimps, and Ersters........

Milk & Cookies for the Jolly Old Elf.....
Carrots for the Reindeer.......
What, no bourbon? Isn't Rudolf his designated driver? :whistling

Merry Christmas Uncle Bob, I will lift a twuffle or two for you tonight!:)

WHOAAA.... hold everything...
My NFL team, Cleveland, is playing Baltimore today! (and doing a fine job of trying to secure a good draft pick I might add)
That means not only has tomorrow's dinner plans changed, so have today's! Which is a good thing, because I wasn't sure how long I could hold off opening that box.

Today's dinner, in conjunction with my personal pigskin challenge, will be another food Baltimore is known for, a crab feast!
Later on I will be steaming one dozen Maryland blue crabs. I better brush up on opening these things later on. Thank you youtube!

I think a can of elf slop is in the cards for me :(

Oh where or where is my Barbara gone, Oh where or where can she be..................28th late I will see her again:chef:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom