"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
Master Chef

Last night I accidently got a package of pork chops out of the freezer thinking it was something else. So, I am having grilled pork chops with Swiss vegetable medley, and applesauce or a green salad. I also thinking about making a loaf of cheese and jalapeno beer bread.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Our family will be having ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of veggie and a caesar salad. The ham is smelling yummy already. Ken, does that sound OK to you?
Alix, that would sound OK to me for dinner. I love the smell of ham baking in the oven. Ken is one lucky guy!!

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
SWEET! Guess I'll skip lunch today!

BTW, who's r. lee alix?
Ken, R. Lee Alix would R. Lee Ermey's alter ego. I would hate to tangle with her!!

Golden Globe nominee and Boston Society of Film Critics Award Winner for Best Supporting Actor in director Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket, R. Lee Ermey, after more than 25 years in the business, is one of the most successful and talented actors in film and television today.

His numerous roles in feature film include: Switchback, starring opposite Dennis Quaid and Danny Glover, Dead Man Walking, Seven, Leaving Las Vegas, Murder In The First, Life, The Frighteners and Sommersby, as well as his critically acclaimed role opposite Jared Leto in Prefontaine. He continues doing numerous voiceover roles which span from The Simpsons to Toy Story("1" and "2").

Ermey served 11 years active duty with the U.S. Marine Corps. He rose to the rank of staff NCO, served two years as a drill instructor and a tour of duty in Viet Nam. Medically retired in 1971, he used his G.I. Bill benefits, and enrolled at the University of Manila in the Philippines where he studied drama. Francis Ford Coppola was filming Apocalypse Now in the area and cast Ermey in a featured role. He has since gone on to star or appear in approximately sixty films. Ermey is no stranger to prestigious television either. He has starred in numerous telefilms including HBO's Weapons of Mass Distraction, TNT's The Rough Riders, and TNT's You Know My Name, starring Sam Elliot, as well as Showtime's The Apartment Complex.

Lee starred with Elizabeth Pena in the feature On the Borderline. Just before that, Lee was in the feature film Skipped Parts, with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Drew Barrymore. Recently, Lee starred in Saving Silverman with Jason Biggs, Jack Black, Steve Zahn and Amanda Peet. Lee appears opposite Jeff Bridges in Scenes of the Crime and Harvey Keitel in Taking Sides. For New Line he appeared in Run Ronnie Run and starred in the remake of Willard with Crispin Glover. Also for New Line, he stars in the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Lee is also hosting his own show for The History Channel, MAIL CALL, which focuses on military technology past, present and future. It continues to be one of the highest rated series on The History Channel. Lee has recently begun filming Cheer Up with Tommy Lee Jones for Revolution Studios.

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I can take or leave R. Lee, but HH loves Mail Call. If he's teaming up with Tommy Lee J. (one of MY faves), I'll go see it.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Head Chef

Tonight is going to be great-grandma's cheezy ham tetrazzini with crusty garlic bread. And for dessert hot apple cidar.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Tommy Lee Jones was actually notorious for being a major (insert whatever you would call a less-than-civil person) with everybody he encountered in San Antonio Texas, his hometown and once mine for some years.

I actually once came into a contact with him at the bookshop I was working at. He came to the till I was operating, bought a couple of gardening books (somehow seemed sort of strange for me... thus it stuck in my memory). He was actually smily and nice, even joked around a bit with me. I am pretty sure it was because I didn't go "Oooooh My God Tommy Lee Jones!! I can't believe it I love your films, I am your huge fan!! Aaaah, ooooh!! " like most people would do, I just treated him like every other customer with not a mention of recognition.

So Mudbug, if you ever see him try to stay cool!!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
Alix, that would sound OK to me for dinner. I love the smell of ham baking in the oven. Ken is one lucky guy!!
Believe me, I know it!
(thanks for the info on r.lee...I know who we're talking about now.....)
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
.......well I'm not Ken but it sounds good to me.
I think I'll do Ishbels Spaghetti Bolognese today and let it simmer real low all day long.

My addition will be a type of cream or 1/2 and 1/2 or milk toward the end as I think that's a flavor I remember being in the pasta's over there in Tuscany and Italy in general. I am thankful for her passing it on to me as I couldn't love this dish more. And, I have almost everything. When hitting the doctors offices today, I'll swing by a market for the pork and pancetta, also out of Parmesan cheese. I think I'll get out the bread machine too. I'd love a very nutty, sesame seed, pumkin seed, sunflower seed, caraway seed, poppy seed bread. Love how it'll all smell up the kitchen. A huge thank you to Ishbel

BLUSH
Old 12-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #19
Executive Chef

I can not believe I figured that out
Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Tommy Lee Jones was actually notorious for being a major (insert whatever you would call a less-than-civil person) So Mudbug, if you ever see him try to stay cool!!
Yes, I've heard that. Not likely I'll ever meet him. Doesn't matter - I don't require my movie stars to be real people or have reasonable opinions about anything. BTW, did you know he was Al Gore's roommate at Harvard?