"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Everymom

Whats for Dinner December 14th?

Our family will be having ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of veggie and a caesar salad. The ham is smelling yummy already. Ken, does that sound OK to you?

Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

just say yes ken, or r. lee alix will come out.

i'm guessing i'll probably be having meatballs and sausages for dinner.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Executive Chef

.......well I'm not Ken but it sounds good to me.
I think I'll do Ishbels Spaghetti Bolognese today and let it simmer real low all day long.

My addition will be a type of cream or 1/2 and 1/2 or milk toward the end as I think that's a flavor I remember being in the pasta's over there in Tuscany and Italy in general. I am thankful for her passing it on to me as I couldn't love this dish more. And, I have almost everything. When hitting the doctors offices today, I'll swing by a market for the pork and pancetta, also out of Parmesan cheese. I think I'll get out the bread machine too. I'd love a very nutty, sesame seed, pumkin seed, sunflower seed, caraway seed, poppy seed bread. Love how it'll all smell up the kitchen. A huge thank you to Ishbel
Old 12-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Our family will be having ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of veggie and a caesar salad. The ham is smelling yummy already. Ken, does that sound OK to you?
SWEET! Guess I'll skip lunch today!

BTW, who's r. lee alix?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
either oven fried chicken
or chicken and dumplings. I'm just waiting for Paul
to decide which he's hungry for.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
Head Chef

No dinner tonight - last night of school for the term, then when I get home it'll be beer, beer, and more beer...

(Can you tell I'm sick of this class?)

John
Old 12-14-2005, 03:29 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Had our's already, it was simple but delicous - chicken quesadillas with a creme fraiche and mint dipping sauce

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #8
Head Chef

I have some Minestrone simmering on the stove and it smells great. There's a partial loaf of ww grain bread waiting to be used up, so I'll probably toast that and call it good.

Z
Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I thought I was creative on foods, Jessica!! Creme Fraiche & Mint Sauce for a Quesadilla, what an idea!!

As for me, still up in the air... no forecast for Cris's returning time, could be very late, he might decide to have a bite while in the office... so it will be something I can do quickly at drop of a hat... spaghetti aglio, olio & peperoncino and cheese & scallion frittata??

If he decides to eat at the office, I will just sneak into Jessica's kitchen and try to pinch one of that quesadilla slice if there is anything left still!!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13

If he decides to eat at the office, I will just sneak into Jessica's kitchen and try to pinch one of that quesadilla slice if there is anything left still!!
Ciao girl, you're always welcome in my kitchen. I got the insperation for the dip from the yogurty mint and (often) coriander ones that you some times get in Indian restaurant as a dipping sauce. Thinking that a variant of it would work with other potentially "spicy" cuisines I tried it a while back and have not made quesadillas without it since

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote