Whats for dinner December 16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I usually get take out, but since the weather is bad, I went to the grocery store early and bought a rotisserie chicken, and I'm making potatoe pancakes and broccoli to go with it.

Alix said:
Leftover night here. And then movie night with lots of popcorn later. Mmmmm!

Really? What did you rent?
And who makes the best popcorn in the world?:) (Wow, my first cooking-related post ever!)

Grandma's sugar cookies,
Vanilla short bread cookies
and the mocha cookies that Alex and Home Chef posted.
Maybe some banana bread. If Paulie wants more than that... he's on his own.

I am either gonna go all out and cook a really nice meal, or say heck with it and order pizza! It is hard cooking for two without a lot of pre-planning! And pre-planning, was not a priority today, until about 5 minutes ago....

I want what PDS is having!

We're having spaghetti with some marinara sauce I'd made this summer and frozen. DH and I are eating in shifts again as the baby's colic is starting earlier and earlier every night. The poor kiddo--my heart just breaks a million times every time she starts crying. He's walking with her right now (it's the only way we can keep her semi-calm) and I'm taking a much-needed break!

Going out with my husband to a Christmas party. We're having catered and hopefully delicious food tonight!

PA Baker said:
I want what PDS is having!

We're having spaghetti with some marinara sauce I'd made this summer and frozen. DH and I are eating in shifts again as the baby's colic is starting earlier and earlier every night. The poor kiddo--my heart just breaks a million times every time she starts crying. He's walking with her right now (it's the only way we can keep her semi-calm) and I'm taking a much-needed break!

ahhhhh, poor Mommy, poor Daddy and poor sad baby.
I hope you all feel better tomorrow. :)

Quick and easy tonight, Philly cheese steak sammies a very large steamed artichoke and that is it...Have much to do and want to finish a rotolo I started..need to tear up all the meats and cheeses to go in it..sooo better get myself busy..

kadesma:LOL:

I made a Ramen Noodle Special, tonight. The oven/range is still a cumbersome paperweight so I thawed and cut the Teriyaki turkey "tenderloins" into medallions and briefly poached them in a cast iron skillet over the fire and nuked a couple packages of Ramen noodles. I'm calling it Broke House Lo Mein, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :LOL: :rolleyes:

Carrot puree (looks like mashed potatoes) and rosemary-lemon crusted chicken.
My friend wasn't fond of my carrots, but the chicken was surprisingly good since I usually use recipes and kind of winged it.

sc, i always think of you when we get chinese take out. someday, you and i will share a big bowl of kung pao, overlooking one of your beautiful mountains and valleys. deal?

soooo, we had chinese take out last night. steamed chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce on the side. steamed kung pao chicken, sauce on the side. veggie fried rice, and singapore chow mei fun.

Oven chips and omlette! I was so swamped after yesterday, the last thing I needed even if I love to cook was sleep.The African cultural night went very well, I was called on stage to sing 'Malaika' with my family. It's a famous east african song. Apparently we looked cute!!!!!!!!
:LOL:

If any of you have not seen sizzles in the Member's Photos section yet, I suggest you take a look. Actually, she is gorgeous - not merely cute.

HH did not feel well last night and the Kid went to an early showing of King Kong, so we winged it on leftovers for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom