What's For Dinner Friday 02/05/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
It's another day, another dinner to think about. What's in store for everyone tonight?

I'm thinking about a big bowl of Chili with some corn bread for DH and since I don't like corn bread, maybe a nice crusty french bread.

Tonight is left over beef stew with barley. Might start a loaf of bread, haven't decided yet.

Hey... those are my weekend meals! :ermm:

Tonight is going to be pizza and maybe salad. Not sure that it really "salad weather" today, but we will see. Maybe some pasta as a side-dish instead.

an all beef meatloaf, baked potato for me and a baked sweet potato part for dh

A friend just called and said to come over, she had some milk for me.....came home with 2 1/2 gallons of milk and one gallon of cream....probably gonna start out making a 1/2 gallon of hot chocolate...the snows a comin..

Got lots of running with the kids to do. 5pm here, 6pm there. Dinner will be a bit haphazard I think. Something grab and go perhaps. Wraps?

I smoked a rack of ribs last night, so I'll heat those up and serve with rice, collards and corn bread.

DH is going to have a go at making a meat loaf sandwich and some soup..Me as soon as the 3 boys leave I'm crawling into bed after doing an exchange. I'm beat!
kades

Pork Chop, Russell Sprouts and Rice. I am stealing MSMOFET's idea and making a smallish pot of Chicken and Rice Soup using legs and thighs I am thawing out now.

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Cheese Steak omelets (ribeye steak, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, provolone cheese) with hash browns, sliced tomatoes and wheat toast.

img_876330_0_f00ed3a7864e210983a9901d2b6a2a54.jpg

I'm going to deep fry some shrimp and french fries, after I finish my martini. Thank God It is Friday!

Homemade Veggie Fried Rice and my version of Sub Gum Chicken Chow Mein.

img_876385_0_6c06a691086a2f97e552a36f75304661.jpg

don't know, in withdrawal from effexor, taken for ten years. nausea is big time effect , as is a bad, bad, head ache. disorientation. has to be be done, will probably lose weight and already have more energy. am on two other big antidepressant. all a result of pstd over the death of my murdered husband.

don't know, in withdrawal from effexor, taken for ten years. nausea is big time effect , as is a bad, bad, head ache. disorientation. has to be be done, will probably lose weight and already have more energy. am on two other big antidepressant. all a result of pstd over the death of my murdered husband.

OMG, I had no idea. My heart goes out to you. I hope you get all your meds straight soon. Make sure you stay hydrated. Maybe try some broth. It might ease the nausea. Here is a little something to cheer you up.:flowers:

babetoo.I would like to talk to you about those headaches you described as I have had them too.I cant figure this pm stuff out.So please send me a private message mabey I can figure that out.

Hugs, babetoo, and know that you are in my prayers. Hang in there!

Homemade Veggie Fried Rice and my version of Sub Gum Chicken Chow Mein.

img_876411_0_6c06a691086a2f97e552a36f75304661.jpg
Looks like someone likes onions....or are those bok choy stems? Actually, that looks like something I would want to dive into (DH can have most of my onions). Now I want to get my wok out and start cooking Chinese at home again. Passed my 30-year-old hammered steel one on to our son when we got our glass-top stove. My new Joyce Chen was is OK, but... I miss both my old wok and my old stove. Never NEVER gonna get a ceramic top one again.:(

DH came home early, so we ended up going out to eat. Chicken Parm...enough to feed a small village! I'm not cooking tomorrow!

Last edited:
This was our dinner... I used just a basic teriyaki sauce, mixed with a tad bit of ketchup for the basting sauce on the chicken. On the side, were wayyyy too buttered mashed taters :LOL: :ermm: and baked carrots and celery.

img_876417_0_68995b729681df12942742c2d115b493.jpg

img_876417_1_3e07a7564d94f12d3eaf9d21ebc53c56.jpg

Back
Top Bottom