What's for dinner? Friday, 10-23-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Another beautiful day here today, so I'm thinking I'll grill some chicken thighs this afternoon. I just made a small potato salad so that will be one side, and might throw some asparagus on the grill as well.

What's everyone having today? :chef:

Something that once had a parent:ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Something from the dirt:ohmy:

Seriously though it's a toss up for burgers and fries or steak, baked potatoes,salad.

We refer to it as chicken mole around our house, but it’s not really chicken mole. Take a jar of mole sauce (there are a couple of different brands, depending upon the supermarket) and dilute it with a couple jars of water. Cook a couple of boneless chicken breasts in a slow cooker for 6 – 8 hours in the mole sauce. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred it, and return it to the slow cooker, mixing with the sauce. It comes out like pulled pork in a somewhat runny mole sauce. I like it over egg noodles, my sister in law serves it over baked potatoes.

We have a lot of leftover chicken, so I'll just be roasting some some asparagus the SC found on sale at Von's for $1.99lb. I may also roast some cauliflower, although I've never done that. I don't really love cauliflower, but it sounds kinda good with some cheese dip.

We refer to it as chicken mole around our house, but it’s not really chicken mole. Take a jar of mole sauce (there are a couple of different brands, depending upon the supermarket) and dilute it with a couple jars of water. Cook a couple of boneless chicken breasts in a slow cooker for 6 – 8 hours in the mole sauce. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred it, and return it to the slow cooker, mixing with the sauce. It comes out like pulled pork in a somewhat runny mole sauce. I like it over egg noodles, my sister in law serves it over baked potatoes.

That sounds like something lots of people would really like TS. However Mole is about the only Mexican cooking that's just bad on my normally cast iron stomach. I'm glad your family enjoys it! :chef:

I tried a recipe for Czech soup dumplings (into a improvised lentil soup base). They are basically egg and flour mix forming a thickish batter. The recipe called for them to be dropped in the soup by teaspoons. This produced a thick, not very pleasant gluish globule. (I cooked them for the required time; they float to the surface and expand).

Has potential though. I think I will next try just quickly letting long, thin strands fall in the drip from a fork; I think this might produce a noodles effect and be more edible.

I am meeting Kay today and then we are heading to Costco so it will probably be their hotdogs there, or the other half of the pizza we got last time we were there and put in the freezer. I am kinda hoping for the hot dogs! ;)

Bad day for my nerves, so I called "Cheat Day" on dinner. Picked up a pizza and donuts on the way home from six-store shopping. :devilish: Two slices and a chocolaty round thing and my mood has improved. :ROFLMAO: I should be ecstatic later tonight after I have a glass of wine.

I'll be good tomorrow. Honest!

Bad day for my nerves, so I called "Cheat Day" on dinner. Picked up a pizza and donuts on the way home from six-store shopping. :devilish: Two slices and a chocolaty round thing and my mood has improved. :ROFLMAO: I should be ecstatic later tonight after I have a glass of wine.

I'll be good tomorrow. Honest!

Mmmm....my mood would be ecstatic with chocolaty round things, pizza and wine. :ohmy::yum::LOL:

CG, sounds perfect for "one of those days".

Tonight we had meatballs, tossed salad with ranch dressing, and potatoes. I am still tweaking the seasoning of the meatballs, but it's already pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. Oh yeah, there were also Margaritas to celebrate the weekend.

12046735_10156179603590191_4491887175534473642_n.jpg

Looks good, Taxy, and I always love the little Margarita guy!

As usual, we're finishing up leftovers. Broccoli beer cheese soup, which is pretty dang good.

Back
Top Bottom