"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #11
Executive Chef

We went out to dinner with old friends who we only see about once/ year. They chose a burger palace close to their neighborhood. Sort of meh burgers, neighboring table was complaining about their salads, we ordered fries. <<Those were the only good things we had. Way overpriced too. Dx went to bed. Think I'll make some popcorn and click on a movie.

Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:33 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoel View Post
Yum! Fran Leibowitz, my favorite humorist, says that linguine with clam sauce is “mankind’s crowning achievement.”
My apologies to Ms. Lebowitz. I spelled her name wrong!

Old 12-01-2018, 01:32 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

We had leftover chicken-barley stew. But first I had errands to run. As I was driving, I noticed a new bakery that was still open after what I thought were their regular hours. Detoured into the parking lot and walked into Wild Flour Kolaches. As Clevelanders from Eastern European descent, kolaches mean breakfast bakery, like a cheese Danish, to us. This place has those, but what they really turn out are savory kolaches. I picked up two different kinds: cheesesteak with peppers and onions, and sausage gravy. We shared and had half of each kind for supper, followed up by a bit of the stew. Eh, the kolaches were OK. I'll have to get there earlier to see if their sweet offerings are better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-30 20.19.10.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	32396  
Old 12-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #14
Head Chef

Baked chicken katsu (inspired by GG's dinner a few days ago) with a drizzle of tonkatsu sauce..

IP creamy garlic orzo, blanched asparagus, finished in a teriyaki/butter glaze..

Ice cream for dessert..

Ross
Old 12-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #15
Master Chef

Shrimps and Vegetables sauteed in Butter and Kung Pao Sauce...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrimp Stir-fry, Kung Pao Sauce.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	32400
Old 12-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I had a ham sandwich with lettuce. I also nuked a bowlful of frozen corn kernels and just topped with butter and coarse salt.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
We had leftover chicken-barley stew. But first I had errands to run. As I was driving, I noticed a new bakery that was still open after what I thought were their regular hours. Detoured into the parking lot and walked into Wild Flour Kolaches. As Clevelanders from Eastern European descent, kolaches mean breakfast bakery, like a cheese Danish, to us. This place has those, but what they really turn out are savory kolaches. I picked up two different kinds: cheesesteak with peppers and onions, and sausage gravy. We shared and had half of each kind for supper, followed up by a bit of the stew. Eh, the kolaches were OK. I'll have to get there earlier to see if their sweet offerings are better.
One of my smaller customers is a kolache store. They have the kind of kolaches that you are familiar with, as well as sausage rolls, and other meat rolls, which are what I am seeing in your photo.

Their cinnamon rolls are AMAZING!!!

Kolache Heaven - Daily Menu

CD

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Tonight we had really delicious Linguini and Clam Sauce the easy way. Canned clams, along with bottled clam broth and fresh linguini pasta from the grocery store. We chopped all the fresh garlic, shallots and parsley, drank a glug or two of the Amontillado we added to the mix. Oh yeah, it was a great dinner with spinach salads on the side.

This sounds delicious! I'm adding tinned clams and bottled clam broth to my list to have on hand in the pantry. I always have several kinds of pasta, and almost always garlic, shallots, and parsley. Craving this now.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Tonight we had really delicious Linguini and Clam Sauce the easy way. Canned clams, along with bottled clam broth and fresh linguini pasta from the grocery store. We chopped all the fresh garlic, shallots and parsley, drank a glug or two of the Amontillado we added to the mix. Oh yeah, it was a great dinner with spinach salads on the side.
This sounds delicious. Is there are recipe?
Old 12-02-2018, 01:26 AM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This sounds delicious. Is there are recipe?
You’re kidding, right? If you google linguini with clam sauce, you’ll get literally thousands of hits!

Tags
dinner