What's for dinner, Friday 12-6-2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Smoked turkey, wild rice bland, vegetable soup. You add a little dollop of sherry right before serving. :happy:

Attachments

• 2019-12-06 18.03.13.jpg
    2019-12-06 18.03.13.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 92
Tonight's dinner is a Thanksgiving "Shepherd's Pie" made with turkey, gravy and veggies and topped with stuffing in place of mashed potatoes. Served with extra gravy.

Cleaning up leftovers before we leave for the weekend. What we don't finish will go either in the freezer for next week or in the car for noshing in the hotel room.

Smoked turkey, wild rice bland, vegetable soup. You add a little dollop of sherry right before serving. :happy:

That looks and sounds really delicious Med, especially with the turkey being smoked.:yum:
We're having our TJ's standby of Orange Chicken with some colored bell peppers and scallion onions, over Jasmine rice.

I tried to eat a TV dinner. But no dice, tummy wasn't happy. I may make biscuits or soup later.

I did make the dough for 5 cookies:
1. Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies
4. Caramel Acorns
5. Snickerdoodles

I placed the dough in 1 gallon zip bags and put them to chill.

DD wants to make the snickerdoodles later.

I bias sliced the carrot and celery, and cubed the leftover turkey breast. I seasoned with toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, onion and garlic, a touch of Chinese 5-spice, and ginger. Dw cooked the noodles, and way overcooked the veggies and turkey. The stir fry was scorched and dry. Oh well, it filled the belly.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We got into the hotel late last night...

Late last night SATURDAY, that is. Go to the Saturday dinner thread for the rest of the story. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom