What's For Dinner Friday 21st June 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't a clue. I woke up this morning with a headache that has turned into a summer cold. I really don't feel like eating or cooking. I may just let them raid the fridge.

Hoo boy. Two days of 90 degree temps. Not used to this. Bad storm in the night left me without ‘lectricity and here I just threw a whole free pizza pie in the freezer yesterday. Made me stay awake all night pacing and hoping it didn’t defrost, along with everything else. Well, practically anyway. It was the cats that kept me awake since they thought dad’s awake, let’s play in bed. Well, we is all settled down now. The little girls explored every tree branch fallen in the back yard Hoping a bird’s nest with little warblers got shook loose. Not likely.

A trip to the store today and I am grilling blue cheese Juicy Lucy’s ( Blucy’s, with choose your own music to eat dinner by) mixed with snipped green onion tops, garlick and de-stemmed oregano from my garden for dinner tonight. Also picked up a couple ears corn. Going to grill these husk on. And I put a bowl of tomatoes/ cukes/ onion/kalamata olives to marinate until dinner. Good thing I waited until today to shop and buy a new carton ice cream for later. Happy Friday.

Last edited:
Spatchcocked roaster on the grill with Italian style seasoning. Roasted fennel, roasted sweet taters and grilled ciabatta bruschetta with a tomato, garlic and basil relish.:yum:

I haven't a clue. I woke up this morning with a headache that has turned into a summer cold. I really don't feel like eating or cooking. I may just let them raid the fridge.

Jab, hope you feel better very soon (hugs)

We had a potluck at work today, so it was leftovers for dinner. My motto is.... If you do the cleanup and everyone else goes home......there's no reason not to bring the leftovers home. ;)

Somebunny, I loved the days Himself stayed late with clients, then brought home anything they left behind from their buffet! Sometimes we had two night supper for us. :)

Ran errands and grocery shopped today, so I usually bail on making a real meal. Picked up a "WOG"* for supper, nuked some frozen peas, made quick salads, and had fresh bread from Panera's (seeded rye) and the grocery store - something new called "Swiss Muesli".

*It's a rotisserie chicken but it shows as "WOG" on the receipt. Himself figured out that it meant "WithOut Giblets". :LOL: All I know is it's a bargain and it's good!

Steve went out for a late work lunch so he wasn't very hungry, so we ended up having beef schnitzels and salad

Back
Top Bottom